Author Topic: House in Deganwy area  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Blodyn

House in Deganwy area
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:14:14 pm »
Does anyone have any idea of the location of the house shown in these photos?

The gentleman in the photos is my grandfather.  He worked as a gardener and I presume that this was one of his places of work - it certainly wasn't the family home!

When my father was born in 1923 the family was living in Llandudno Junction but within a few years they had moved to Deganwy, where my grandfather's family came from.  The ladies' fashions look 1920s and I would imagine that the house is / was somewhere in the Deganwy / Tywyn / Llanrhos / Junction area but I'm hopeful that one of the very knowledgable people on the Forum will be able to help pinpoint it. 

Thanks in anticipation.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: House in Deganwy area
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:56:19 pm »
I do not know but I would imagine the house is in either Albert Drive or Gannock Park.

Out of curiosity, what was your grandfather;s name ?

Offline Paddy

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:25:46 pm »
Hi Blodyn. It looks very much like 112 Albert Drive.  See if you can find it on google Streetview and have a look yourself.

brumbob

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:20:03 pm »
they've changed the semi next door if it is :P :laugh:
similar veranda though,
I think Blodyn's photo shows a large detached house

Offline Paddy

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:59 pm »
Brumbob, I'm not convinced it's a detached house.  I think there is a detached house in Gannock Park with a similar verandah though.

What a lovely day for a walk over to Deganwy!

brumbob

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »
I'm not convinced either Paddy  :laugh:

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 06:19:23 pm »
Many thanks for your replies, chaps, it took you less time to reply than it took me to work out how to use Google Streetview - it was one of those things I'd been meaning to do for some time but never had.  I've now had a look at 112 Albert Drive but I don't think that it's the same house, however Albert Drive and Gannock Park sound good areas to start looking.  

Bri, my grandfather was Sam Jones, Bethel.  One of the Ty Bethel Capel (should that be Ty Capel Bethel ?  I'm sure someone will put me right.)  family, who between them were chapel keepers at Bethel for more than 100 years.  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:32:40 pm by Blodyn »