Author Topic: Cadw's annual Open Door event offers free entry  (Read 1811 times)

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Cadw's annual Open Door event offers free entry
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:04:16 pm »
A WALES-wide heritage festival is set to welcome thousands of visitors to more than 200 historic attractions in September.

Cadw's annual Open Door event offers free entry to an array of museums, historic properties and unusual landmarks every weekend during the month.

The programme promises exclusive access to more of Wales’s heritage gems than ever before.

The initiative, which celebrates Wales’s 2019 Year of Discovery, was launched at Neath Abbey and Gatehouse on Friday, August 29, just one of the 29 Cadw sites taking part.         

“After all, what better time to explore the best of Wales’s culture and history than during Wales’s 2019, Year of Discovery?”

Visit cadw.gov.wales/visit/whats-on/find-a-cadw-event for full event listings and details of all properties taking part in the Open Doors 2019 programme.

cont.....  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17871581.chance-open-doors-wales-39-s-finest-heritage-attractions-september/

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Cadw's annual Open Door event offers free entry
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:37:29 pm »
We have booked on the Britannia Bridge Lions Walk on Saturday 28 Sept with a guide from Menai Heritage.

Last year, we did it on the Anglesey side so this year we shall be doing it on the Gwynedd side.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 10:25:11 pm »
Might see you there Bri as we have planned that walk too.  As yet we haven't arranged a date as it all depends on the weather
It sounds like a nice walk so I hope that you enjoy it

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 04:39:40 am »
Great, Hugo.

Please let me know if you want me to post the contact details to book yourselves onto the organised walk with a qualified tour guide.

Places soon fill up.