Author Topic: The 'Trinity' apartment block on Trinity Avenue  (Read 6016 times)

Offline Macca

The 'Trinity' apartment block on Trinity Avenue
« on: August 22, 2019, 07:19:32 pm »
Hi all, having my radar up for possible future places to live in Llandudno i got a notify today from Rightmove about this new build block of apartments.

To you lads and lasses already living in the town, what do you know about it? I can see that its going on a plot that an old run down building occupied, and its not too far off Madoc Street and the train station.

Has construction actually started yet, whats that part of town like?

Cheers, Mac

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: The 'Trinity' apartment block on Trinity Avenue
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 02:17:41 am »
Probably the site of the former Llandudno Youth Club on Trinity Avenue?

Offline Macca

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:49:09 am »
From what I can gather its this site ....

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:08:55 am »
So confirmed.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 08:19:11 am »
Yes a lot of great memories in that building ,Ccbc and Mostyn est at their best 😢, they have put a board up on the left of the pick of the plans, who will buy them 🤔

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 08:24:27 am »
Originally opened in 1885 as the "Sarah Nicol Memorial Hospital". With her husband, Dr James Nicol, Mrs Nicol had pioneered the scheme to provide the town with its first purpose built hospital, sadly she died a year before it was completed.

Following the opening of the General Hospital, the building was not required. It was eventually acquired by the former Caernarvonshire County Council which converted the interior and reopened the facility as a Youth Centre on 5th November, 1949.

Offline Macca

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 09:29:41 pm »
So I and Mrs M were visiting the town today and called past this site to see where it is and how it is for size. The block will have 18 apartments over 3 floors, so we were trying to visualise the ground space housing 6 2 bed apartments, with entrance, stairwell and lift plus 18 parking slots.

Gotta say it may just be an illusion, but the plot looks compact to say the least. Then when you look at the plans each bedroom has a double bed sized into it, but they don't show bedroom furniture. These apartments don't look overly practical. It almost looks like you would need to use the second bedroom as a walk in wardbrobe. Of course that defeats the point of buying a 2 bed, i.e. the second room being for visitors.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 08:37:43 am »
Whatever you decide to do Macca I hope that you find something that you're satisfied with.    It's a nice place to live and there must be something out there that will work for you.
Myself, if I was looking for an apartment in the town it would have to be on the first floor or above because of past experience in the town

Offline Macca

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 09:46:40 am »
Tell me more about that please Hugo.

We're a few years away from making a decision yet and so we're really wanting to research the idea well, and so not rush into a wrong decision when the time comes.

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 10:40:21 am »
Macca, look carefully at ground rent and service charges of any proposed property

This can vary enormously

Offline Hugo

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 11:04:04 am »
Tell me more about that please Hugo.

We're a few years away from making a decision yet and so we're really wanting to research the idea well, and so not rush into a wrong decision when the time comes.

Have a look at this link Macca, you can read more about it on the forum but a picture on this link was taken just up the road from that building site.   I've also got a feeling that one of the objections to the site was from potential flooding and that was mentioned under local eyesores on here.      I'm not trying to put you off coming here but be careful where you decide to locate to.
That flood in 1993 was not caused by the sea flooding, it was caused by a freak localised rainstorm and you can see from the second link on the Great Orme how much rain we had at the time

http://www.threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=221.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlIJ3vmlcP4

Offline Hugo

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 11:03:51 am »
Those proposed apartments were advertised in this weeks North Wales Weekly News and look quite nice from the outside but I can see what Macca meant by the inside size of the rooms.
They have an allocated parking space which should be interesting to see bearing in mind the size of this development

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/7481519/

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:34 pm »
So more retierment flats, when will the locals get a chance , amazing how Mostyn est get round the flood problem ,18 flats on that small land ,where is the parking.