Author Topic: Brian Thomas  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Brian Thomas
« on: August 10, 2019, 03:13:34 pm »
Some of you may already be aware that my neighbour and good friend Brian Thomas passed away last week.  Aged only 73.

I know many forum regulars knew him, and he was a keen follower of this Forum in his own right.
His funeral will be held at Holy Trinity Church followed by interment at St Tudno’s cemetery on Monday 19th August.  I expect both ceremonies to be rammed, no one deserves that more than Brian.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Brian Thomas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 04:39:58 pm »
That's so sad Fester and I'm sorry to hear that.   Brian was the same generation as me and we used to meet up in town when he came down with the other Ormeites.
Although our paths didn't cross after I left Llandudno I've still got some nice memories of him from our teens and early 20's years and my thoughts go out to his family and friends who will miss him a lot

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 10:53:08 pm »
Indeed Hugo,
I personally owe him much, he did enormous good for my wife and I when we moved to Llandudno, in many ways.  We became firm friends.
It is often said about someone that a bad word was never heard about them, but in Brian’s case it’s absolutely true.
So many folk I’ve spoken to in town this week are very shocked and upset by this sad news.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 11:22:55 am »
He was a nice person and will be sadly missed by many,       I think that I've mentioned it before but we always called him  "Cookie"  because at the time there was an actor called Ed " Cookie " Byrnes who was on a series called 77 Sunset Strip and Ed  always had a comb in his top pocket on his jacket.
Brian was a smart looking guy and always took a pride in his appearance and when our gangs met up in Mostyn Street we'd check to see that he had his comb in the top pocket too and sure enough his comb was always there
Nice memories of a very popular person