Author Topic: Hafan Gogarth  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Macca

Hafan Gogarth
« on: July 23, 2019, 07:45:50 pm »
Hi all, newbie to the forum here.

After visiting Llandudno and nearby areas for the last 30 years, and building a real affinity with North Wales, I and my wife are thinking we would like to relocate to the area a little later in life.

My wife has health and mobility issues and so we have considered that an apartment in a block with a lift could be good for us. We've spent the last couple years doing a bit of research and the over 55's block, Hafan Gogarth, over on west shore has certainly caught our attention.

I just wondered if anyone on here lives in the block already, and if so what do you make of it?

Cheers,

Mac

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Hafan Gogarth
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:39:55 pm »
Hello Macca, and welcome......... Some years ago, we had a look, thought they were a bit small..... but, have recently met a couple who love Llandudno, and love living at Hafan Gogarth, one of them needed the use of a lift, maybe more info will follow from other members, best of luck with your search, don't wait to long.     

Offline Macca

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:00:06 pm »
Given the choice i'd relocate next week, but a number of things make it impractical just now. So realistically, its likely a retirement plan which is a little while away yet.

But we're back in the town in a few weeks to keep our hand in.

I am also watching the penmorfa site with interest. I've checked out a number of Anwyl's sites in recent years, but as much as I like their house builds, a house just isn't going to be very practical going forward. I was almost moved not to mention the 'A' word on here as i'm picking up a definite abrasive feeling towards the developer on here  :laugh: but I am curious to see what they build there, and more importantly what price tag they put on it. I'm guessing the price of that view will be beyond our reach but time will tell eh?

Mac

Offline Macca

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 09:12:46 pm »
I've been watching properties in Hafan Gogarth for a while now. Something like this seems decent value for money, with a lot of convenience in a managed block ...

https://peterlarge.com/sales/flat-11-hafan-gogarth/

A compact apartment does have an appeal for the future, less to maintain, and as in addition to my wife's health being pants, i have the pleasure of arthritic knees and feet, plus gout, so the less to maintain the better i think  $good$

Is no one on here living in there currently guys?

Mac