Author Topic: Help wanted please  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Alsatian

Help wanted please
« on: July 22, 2019, 10:59:40 am »
Hi, I wonder if anyone on here can help me please?

Way back in July 1977 my then new wife and I honeymooned in Llandudno. This year we are hoping to revisit for a few days.

We stayed at the Redclyffe (Redcliffe?) Hotel (possibly on Church Walks?). I've Googled it but it would appear that it doesn't exist under this name anymore? We would just like to have a look at the site and rekindle some memories.

If anyone could enlighten me further I would be most grateful.

I do recall that, even in those days, that parking was an issue, sometimes we had to park 2 or 3 streets away.

Can anyone recommend a good B&B, possibly with an onsite car park?

Thanks for reading my post.

Keith

Online Ian

• Administrator
Re: Help wanted please
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 11:20:39 am »
Welcome to the forum, Keith.  I've moved the topic into here, as this is the help centre, and deleted the second and duplicate post you made.  Everyone sees every recent post, when they click on "Show unread posts since last visit" on the index page.

Hope you enjoy the place.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Alsatian

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 11:32:20 am »
OK, thank you very much.

I did the initial post, but couldn't see it, so thought I'd suffered another senior moment and hadn't actually posted it!

Keith

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:33:35 am »
The Redclyffe did exist in the 1950s Llandudno brochure as you can see from the picture:

[smg id=4113]

I'll search the later brochures to see if it's there but I suspect not. Someone else might know what the hotel is used for now.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:36:33 am »
Its 11 Church Walks.  Now called Seaclyffe Hotel. Just beyond the junction with Tudno Street, opposite side to the Tram Sation.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:05:02 pm »
The website is here.

Offline Alsatian

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 03:10:15 pm »
Thank you very much  $thanx$