Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 575186 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1245 on: January 28, 2017, 12:20:24 pm »
I came across this artist's impression of what Anwyl's  previous application for apartments would have looked like.      The time limit for starting construction on the site has long expired but they have argued that the demolition and subsequent "laying" of a pipe has deemed that construction has in fact been started.
Why then do they now want to change the plans by increasing the number of apartments by 23 and the number of storeys of the building too.
I don't think that the neighbouring properties will be too pleased

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1246 on: January 28, 2017, 01:02:34 pm »
Good find Hugo.
That looks like a thoughtful design and inkeeping with the area......, were there any complaints at the time it was proposed? ......, and I think something of that design even slightly bigger,  would be acceptable now.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1247 on: January 28, 2017, 01:51:26 pm »
That design you found was much more acceptable Hugo. But as we know building 51 apartments brings in much more revenue for the greedy builder,
who obviously couldn't give a fig for the effect this latest design monstrosity will have on the beautiful West Shore.
Once the consultation is complete Anwyl will be putting in a new planning application as the last one expired 19/8/2016 and is a whole new ball game. I wonder how many affordable properties they intend including?
If anyone is interested The Friends of West Shore are having a meeting at The Lilly on West Shore Monday February 6th at 6pm to discuss the site. They are hoping a representative from Anwyl will attend.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1248 on: January 28, 2017, 02:15:20 pm »
Looking at the photo again, it looks a big building for 23 flats......

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1249 on: January 28, 2017, 02:57:25 pm »
That's 23 extra flats on top of the 28 that they originally applied for Steve.

Looking at the apartments that have already been built, I do think that a lot of thought and consideration went into them.   On the western gable end there appears to be no windows from any living area that overlooked the former Penmorfa Hotel and as such the building would not affect the amenities or privacy of the nearby property.
That cannot be said for Anwyl's  latest proposal which has no thought for anyone other than the company, I wonder if the initial outlay of £2.4 million over 10 years ago has driven them to this measure?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1250 on: February 03, 2017, 11:32:04 am »
Great to see that extensive repairs are being made to the exterior of Broadway Boulevard:

Offline Neil

« Reply #1251 on: February 04, 2017, 01:44:54 pm »
On the subject of the hole in the ground eyesore, I lived in this area for three years before noticing it and then I had to walk within yards of it to see it! There is a much bigger eyesore that most citizens and visitors see every day that has been rarely mentioned in any media, what is it?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1252 on: February 04, 2017, 06:44:47 pm »
On the subject of the hole in the ground eyesore, I lived in this area for three years before noticing it and then I had to walk within yards of it to see it! There is a much bigger eyesore that most citizens and visitors see every day that has been rarely mentioned in any media, what is it?

My stomach Neil?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Neil

« Reply #1253 on: February 04, 2017, 08:26:31 pm »
No Fester, the eyesores are lower down than your stomach.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1254 on: February 04, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
No Fester, the eyesores are lower down than your stomach.

That surprises me!
The standard of the pavements then?   Many are very dangerous.
Fester...

Offline Neil

Re: Local Eyesore
« Reply #1255 on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:03 am »
Yes quite right. No self proclaimed beautiful town can be correct in that statement when the pavements are in such a disgusting state.
The council seem to spend most of their funds on education, why? If children want to know something why can't they ask Siri or Google like I do?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1256 on: February 11, 2017, 12:06:01 pm »
Hidden third floor of Llandudno's Broadway Boulevard could be reopened
The historic theatre, which opened as a nightclub last summer following a three year closure, is currently undergoing an external revamp.

Since opening, the club has proved a success and the new owners are now committed to re-investing money into the site.
This has seen them spending on an external revamp with painting and window refurbishment being carried before a new glass canopy is installed in March.
The next steps could see them bring parts of the old theatre back into public view for the first time in decades.
He added: “The plan now is for the third floor, it is beautiful up there.
“Opening this up is the vision, hopefully in the not too distant future.

This would the first time in decades the upper floor could be opened, it still looks so good even after so many years, imagine having this as a venue, we will do this step by step and anything we do here has to be done properly.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/hidden-third-floor-llandudnos-broadway-12583165

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1257 on: February 12, 2017, 01:17:47 am »
Dave R posted a set of great photos from the hidden upper floors of the Broadway 'Grand Theatre' about 4 years ago.
Loads of antiquated plasterwork and old theatre equipment simply sealed off and trapped in time.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1258 on: February 14, 2017, 08:53:19 am »
Dave R posted a set of great photos from the hidden upper floors of the Broadway 'Grand Theatre' about 4 years ago.
Loads of antiquated plasterwork and old theatre equipment simply sealed off and trapped in time.
Can be seen here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/davellandudno/albums/72157623521219490

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1259 on: February 14, 2017, 08:54:13 am »
This has seen them spending on an external revamp with painting and window refurbishment being carried before a new glass canopy is installed in March.
Great to see the new owner trying to clear the maintenance backlog. The reinstatement of the glass canopy is welcome indeed.  $good$