Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574744 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1200 on: October 24, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »
I don't suppose that  the building regulations in those days were as strict as they are now as they just wanted to get the buildings up as quickly as possible and rendering does cover shoddy work.
The listed aspect though must be a nightmare for builders but they have been overcome in the past

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1201 on: October 24, 2016, 07:34:43 pm »
Knocking it down and rebuilding in a similar style might be the best answer.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1202 on: October 24, 2016, 10:33:08 pm »
That would be the easiest and most sensible option but you know how the CCBC work.   

The Pier Pavilion will face the same type of difficulty, the building itself has gone and all that seems to remain are the remnants of the metal staircases but they are protected apparently.

With regard to the Castle Hotel site we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens before Christmas   

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1203 on: November 08, 2016, 03:49:55 pm »
I was in Brookes Street Llandudno earlier today and had a look at another of Mostyn Estates eyesores, namely the old Llandudno Youth Centre.   
I was surprised by how much demolition rubbish was stacked up there as I didn't realise that planning permission had been granted for the site.
If it hasn't been granted they can always apply for retrospective planning anyway and get it.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1204 on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:35 am »
That's right behind my flat, bloody ugly thing.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1205 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:10 pm »
That's not a pretty site to see Tom and it doesn't look much better from Caroline Road either

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1206 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:53 pm »
Why didn't Mostyn est just demolish all of it to make it tidy at least ,just because the plans were rejected they once again spat the dummy out .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1207 on: November 09, 2016, 10:36:27 pm »
You know Mostyn Estates Norman, one rule for them and one for the rest of us and perhaps they shouldn't have demolished any of the building, without first of all having planning permission  granted.

I read something of interest in the planning application and although I still don't understand it, this is what it said:-

The site is subject to restrictive covenants to the benefit of Mostyn Estates, who are minded to release these, on the basis that the proceeds of sale are solely utilised to fund alternative youth activity in the town of Llandudno.

I'm being cynical but my  thoughts were of a few teenagers sharing a burger from the proceeds and eating it in one of those new shelters that have been promised.      I hope that I'm wrong because the youth of Llandudno deserve more investment in their activities.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1208 on: November 30, 2016, 08:57:00 am »

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1209 on: November 30, 2016, 11:25:57 am »
I notice that a variation in the conditions of the planning permission granted for the Tudno Castle Hotel has been submitted to CCBC.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1210 on: November 30, 2016, 02:21:13 pm »
Have you got any link to the Castle Hotel Bri?       

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1211 on: November 30, 2016, 03:45:09 pm »
I notice that a variation in the conditions of the planning permission granted for the Tudno Castle Hotel has been submitted to CCBC.

Apparently CCBC aren't too happy about an existing historic building being saved and now want it to be replaced by a 10 screen multiplex cinema covered in bright neon lighting which will double as the town's Christmas lighting for the foreseeable future. To tie in with this development the road network will be overhauled and finally all the boulders will be removed from the North Shore to allow a four lane expressway to be built thus reducing the time taken to reach the new exclusive residential development at the site of the former Pier Pavilion.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1212 on: November 30, 2016, 03:46:04 pm »
Hugo if you go to the CCBC planning site and click on viewing & commenting on planning applications the 4 application numbers for the Tudno Castle are 0/43392, 0/43394, 0/43395 & 0/43400 which you will have to view separately. The third one is quite interesting as it has minutes from a meeting and the fourth one is regarding Pre demolition sequence etc.  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1213 on: November 30, 2016, 04:43:43 pm »
Hugo, I noticed it on page 64 of today's's NWWN.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1214 on: November 30, 2016, 10:40:02 pm »
Thanks Meleri and Bri and I'll have a look at the application tomorrow.

OrmeMac,   don't go suggesting things like that because  CCBC are so stupid  they may pinch your ideas.     ;D