Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574522 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1155 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:14 pm »
That was one of the ones in the Denbigh area that I was aware of.    Had many a good evening in the Grange when it was a popular pub    Z**
I drove past it yesterday but didn't take any notice of what it was like now.   

Offline Dave

« Reply #1156 on: March 15, 2016, 02:01:01 pm »
I don't think this one has featured previously but It's time the A470 was added, especially from the roundabouts between St David's College entrance. The amount of rubbish, particularly from McDonalds, is disgusting. I would commend anyone who set up a hidden video camera and caught the offenders . Shame on them all.
If council funding is so short that we can't afford to clear it up perhaps McDonalds would like to employ someone to do so now and again?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1157 on: March 16, 2016, 09:13:38 am »
I do think McDonalds and other fast food outlets should contribute towards the cost of cleaning up their litter.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Local Eyesores Bropadway Boulevard
« Reply #1158 on: March 26, 2016, 11:16:15 am »
Llandudno's Broadway Boulevard could reopen as nightclub by summer

Llandudno's Broadway Boulevard could be open by the summer after contracts were exchanged with a nightclub operator.
Owners MBI Consulting – which bought the Grand Theatre site at auction for £140,000 (plus VAT and sellers fee) in March last year – accepted an offer for the club in February.

Now, after a period of due diligence, contracts have been exchanged with the interested party.
The buying firm – which has not yet been revealed – now has a period of 12 weeks to complete the payment for the club.
Simon Moppett, from MBI, said: “Now we are just waiting for completion.
“The buyer is fully aware of the issues with the building

“The new operator plans to reopen the site as a nightclub and I believe they will move quickly once the deal is complete.
“It could open in weeks after the completion goes through, as the operator knows this industry and will not want the building lying empty for long.”
The nightclub closed in June 2013 and there have been local calls for a new club to reopen in the town.

MBI had originally said it hoped to open the site as a club and bar in time for last Christmas, but later said they were in discussions to sell the nightclub.
An offer was made to MBI in January and accepted the following month.

The listed building was originally the Grand Theatre, which was nationally famous in World War II as the popular radio show ITMA was broadcast from there.
John Lawson-Reay, from the Seaside Buildings Preservation Trust, said they were happy to work with whoever owns the site but that they were not in a position to take on the Grand Theatre.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudnos-broadway-boulevard-could-reopen-11097057

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1159 on: March 27, 2016, 09:10:00 am »
This is fantastic news for all pubs in Llandudno who have seen a massive downturn in people coming into town at the weekends with Bangor and Chester getting all the trade,im personally pleased for all the young people left in Llandudno to have somewhere to go on a Saturday.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1160 on: March 27, 2016, 09:28:02 pm »
Looks like Mostyn estates and Opus north are about to miss their march start,besides erecting scaffold all has gone quiet again

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1161 on: April 13, 2016, 12:27:51 pm »
It was good to see the scaffold go up on the Tudno Castle and we all thought that this time it was all systems go,a promise of a march start was on the cards,hey ho middle of april and zilch,how Prezzo have put up with delay after delay is beyond me.

Offline Barney Baker

« Reply #1162 on: April 13, 2016, 08:27:20 pm »
Has anybody else seen the new bin on the PromAnade

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1163 on: April 13, 2016, 09:18:49 pm »
How long till they get blown over, pushed over, filled with "pebbles" or washed into the sea?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1164 on: April 13, 2016, 10:35:32 pm »
You would think that the bins would be bolted down at least, I wonder if CCBC has done that.

The second photo brought back some memories and I can remember being able to walk underneath the bandstand but there is no chance now due to the rocks on the beach

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1165 on: April 15, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »
The second photo brought back some memories and I can remember being able to walk underneath the bandstand but there is no chance now due to the rocks on the beach

There are 19 steps down to what was beach level, that are now covered by the stones.  SOS have gone very quiet and crafty CCBC have managed to divert everything into committees so that nothing will change. Remember who voted for the stones and when the elections come around next month VOTE THEM OUT$angry$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1166 on: April 15, 2016, 03:17:04 pm »
I think that my views on the beaches are quite clear so I'm not going to go on about them but how did the CCBC get the two beaches so wrong?
Personally when I was a teenager I preferred the pebbly beach at Craig Y Don as the water got deeper quickly and visibility for swimming under water was better but at times I would go to the sandy stretch by the Lifeboat slipway for a change.    Now unfortunately that choice has been taken away.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1167 on: April 18, 2016, 01:41:42 pm »
I walked down Caroline Road and noticed that part of the former Llandudno Youth Centre had been demolished, not a pretty site for the residents of the street to have to look at.
I haven't seen any planning application to demolish part of the building  it but I expect that I have missed seeing the application.  It doesn't look too safe either with holes in the roof.
Will it go the same way as the Penmorfa Hotel and just left to deteriorate and then apply for demolition?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1168 on: April 29, 2016, 10:38:55 am »
I believe Tudno Castle is supposed to start next week,we will see.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1169 on: April 29, 2016, 10:47:11 am »
Haven't seen any flying pigs Wrex, fingers crossed. !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.