Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574510 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #900 on: February 20, 2014, 08:50:28 am »
Perhaps it had a " haddock"
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Dave

« Reply #901 on: March 25, 2014, 04:02:50 pm »
I went for a walk around the Gt Orme today for the first time in ages. When did the fire happen above the gun sites and how did it start ? There are three "structures" made of old corrugated iron sheets and concrete blocks that appear to have been built specifically to burn gorse cuttings. I say that because one is fully loaded ready to light and another is full of charcoal.
Who was behind it all and do they intend leaving this eyesore behind in an area of outstanding beauty ? ( well it was and will be again in a few years time when the ground recovers)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #902 on: March 25, 2014, 05:13:02 pm »
If you look back in the thread What is Llandudno like  right now a couple of pages you will see that at the time I posted a link to the Daily Post article about the fire !
Thought it had been missed as there were no following comments !

Offline Dave

« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2014, 06:17:37 pm »
Thanks Nemesis. No explanations of how it started but it does look like it was done deliberately by the numpties who built the structures I mentioned. It's now another eyesore to add to the local list.
Incidentally, the perennial dog fouling problem is seen to be far worse currently when you take the Invalids Walk to Haulfre Gardens and beyond towards the tram station. Quite disgusting. These people do need naming and shaming when they are caught.Personally I think it should be an offence to take a dog in to a public area without means of clearing up after it fouls. Spot checks should be made ! Never mind big brother, bring back capital punishment !!!! Well, maybe a day in the stocks would make a few people more socially aware. $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #904 on: March 30, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »
With the beach now being an eyesore and a big protest tomorrow lets hope we can get the same people behind the pier pavilion.Im not allowed to get involved anymore as i am a bully,critical and too much to say,so i will shut my mouth from now on.How long it will last i don;t know,but i consider my self TOLD.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #905 on: March 30, 2014, 10:56:53 pm »
I was on Colwyn Bay beach today, like I have often done recently and it's a good sandy beach with more sand to come.      It's north facing like Llandudno's so why haven't the authorities imported sand for Llandudno North Shore because at the moment it looks more like a quarry than a beach?
They import sand to the West Shore where it was not needed and yet they just dump stones on the North Shore, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.       :rage:
I suppose that's the end of any sandcastle competitions there.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #906 on: March 31, 2014, 12:02:25 am »
With the beach now being an eyesore and a big protest tomorrow lets hope we can get the same people behind the pier pavilion.Im not allowed to get involved anymore as i am a bully,critical and too much to say,so i will shut my mouth from now on.How long it will last i don;t know,but i consider my self TOLD.

I wouldn't mate,  the Forum and the town itself will be a poorer place without your drive and enthusiasm.  $walesflag$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #907 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:22 am »

Have you read your PMs lately Wrex?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #908 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:28 am »

Keep up the campaigning Wrex as the town needs people like you to speak out.     What I can't comprehend is how local Councillors can hold their heads up high when they let these eyesores continue.
It seems like most of them are just like nodding Donkeys when it comes to dealing with anything difficult.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:43:21 am by Ian »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #909 on: March 31, 2014, 11:46:07 am »
Sorry Nem i had;nt read the message i hope you did;nt think i thought it was you,i know you would tell me to my face your views,thanks for the support.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #910 on: March 31, 2014, 02:15:46 pm »
  What I can't comprehend is how local Councillors can hold their heads up high when they let these eyesores continue.
It seems like most of them are just like nodding Donkeys when it comes to dealing with anything difficult.

The problem is that the Town Council is run by a few of the old brigade who have managed against all adversity to hold their seats for years and years.   They ride roughshod over new Members, who have to toe the line if they want any of their ideas to get accepted.  Wrex and I served together on the Town Council and generally it is just a tea swilling, Mayor making, Civic Sunday talking shop.  No power and little action.
Those who are also on the County Council, obviously have vested interests and they come first.   Why they are paid so much for attending a few meetings a year is beyond belief.
There are a few good decent hard working County Councillors but they too get outnumbered.

It is about time the Community took matters into their own hands and revolted against the two complete tiers of local Government.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #911 on: March 31, 2014, 06:44:17 pm »
The renovation of the Clarence Hotel is proceeding well, the roof has now been removed for replacement:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #912 on: March 31, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »
  What I can't comprehend is how local Councillors can hold their heads up high when they let these eyesores continue.

The problem is that the Town Council is run by a few of the old brigade who have managed against all adversity to hold their seats for years and years.   They ride roughshod over new Members, who have to toe the line if they want any of their ideas to get accepted.  Wrex and I served together on the Town Council and generally it is just a tea swilling, Mayor making, Civic Sunday talking shop.  No power and little action.
Those who are also on the County Council, obviously have vested interests and they come first.   Why they are paid so much for attending a few meetings a year is beyond belief.
There are a few good decent hard working County Councillors but they too get outnumbered.

It is about time the Community took matters into their own hands and revolted against the two complete tiers of local Government.
 ZXZ

Yorkie. I am preparing my burning torch and looking for my pitchfork as we speak!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #913 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:21 pm »

Yorkie. I am preparing my burning torch and looking for my pitchfork as we speak!

Turn your ploughshares into swords, serfs and surfers unite!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #914 on: April 01, 2014, 05:43:07 pm »
The renovation of the Clarence Hotel is proceeding well, the roof has now been removed for replacement:
Public accident waiting to happen at side of the shops with that JCB