Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574521 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #735 on: July 18, 2013, 09:20:38 am »
Penmorfa application in the pioneer today,28 apartments.
Its a renewal of the current Planning Permission. Anwyl are claiming the the development is now underway because they have laid a pipe on the site.  :roll:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #736 on: July 18, 2013, 11:27:18 am »
Penmorfa application in the pioneer today,28 apartments.
Its a renewal of the current Planning Permission. Anwyl are claiming the the development is now underway because they have laid a pipe on the site.  :roll:

Another underhand way of getting round clearing up the mess. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #737 on: July 18, 2013, 02:16:52 pm »
Have they actually laid this pipe and does anyone know what the pipe is for?   

Application No: 0/39941 Grid Reference: 277017,382193
Application Type: Certificate of Lawful Development Case Officer: Katy Roberts
Determination Level Delegated Team: Minor Applications Team
Received Date : 13/06/2013 Registered Date: 03/07/2013
Development Type(s): New Development
Ward: Gogarth
Community Council: Cyngor Tref Llandudno Town Council
Location: Land at Former (demolished) Penmorfa Hotel, Abbey Road, Llandudno, Conwy, LL30 2QY
Certificate of lawfulness for an existing use or operation or activity granted under code ref
0/34235 (Demolition of Penmorfa House and erection of 28 no. apartments) to confirm the
commencement of the development on the site by virtue of laying of underground pipe
Proposal

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #738 on: July 18, 2013, 04:34:20 pm »
Have they actually laid this pipe and does anyone know what the pipe is for?   
I think it may be so that Anwyl can extract the urine, Hugo....  :-X  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #739 on: July 18, 2013, 11:43:17 pm »
Yuk Yuk... Chortle...  :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #740 on: July 22, 2013, 04:00:11 pm »
A security company has sealed up all the doors at Broadway Boulevard. However, the burglar alarm is sounding continuously so....?

Offline BMD

« Reply #741 on: July 22, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »
Shame about the Rhos Harbour Bistro site. It has such potential as a location... with a bit of imagination and vision. But I understand that the council own the freehold, so perhaps we might get some brand new conference rooms built on the site?  ;)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #742 on: July 22, 2013, 05:16:33 pm »
Cynic   _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #743 on: July 22, 2013, 05:54:00 pm »
A security company has sealed up all the doors at Broadway Boulevard. However, the burglar alarm is sounding continuously so....?

The lights were lit on Friday night

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #744 on: July 22, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

The lights were lit on Friday night
The lights inside and the neon sign have been left switched on since it closed. Running up a nice electricity bill for someone! I understand that all the fittings of value have been removed, which will make it twice as hard for someone else to come in and reopen it as a nightclub.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #745 on: July 22, 2013, 07:37:19 pm »
Shame about the Rhos Harbour Bistro site. It has such potential as a location... with a bit of imagination and vision. But I understand that the council own the freehold, so perhaps we might get some brand new conference rooms built on the site?  ;)
When we contacted CCBC about the Bistro site (about two years ago), we were told that there had been over 20 expressions of interest in reopening the cafe. Yet, it's still sitting there derelict?  :roll:

It's quite simple, either CCBC should let the site to someone who will refurbish and reopen it or they should sell the site.It's not acceptable that such a prominent site is left in its present condition.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #746 on: July 23, 2013, 02:14:37 am »
When we contacted CCBC about the Bistro site (about two years ago), we were told that there had been over 20 expressions of interest in reopening the cafe. Yet, it's still sitting there derelict?  :roll:

It's quite simple, either CCBC should let the site to someone who will refurbish and reopen it or they should sell the site.It's not acceptable that such a prominent site is left in its present condition.

Dave, if you recall, when we met with CCBC management about Rhos Point over 2 years ago, we were promised a written transcript of the minutes...(which never arrived), plus a promise that we would be contacted about our plans, (which never happened), and we were regaled with the latest imminent plans to renovate Colwyn Bay Pier, (which is a tragic joke).
What does all this tell us about the professionalism , or lack of it at CCBC?

Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #747 on: July 23, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »
Can i add the town beach,it was looking green tonite,iknow we have lost all our green grass but leaving all that green seaweed on the beach is a bit much,i know that CCBC have put all their resources into Colwyn and Rhos beaches but this is beyond a joke now.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #748 on: July 24, 2013, 12:13:49 am »
It will turn brown, and disappear within days.
It is only green because we have reached a new 'low tide' at this time of year, and it has exposed fresh seaweed and algae.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #749 on: July 24, 2013, 08:12:11 am »
Can i add the town beach,it was looking green tonite,iknow we have lost all our green grass but leaving all that green seaweed on the beach is a bit much,i know that CCBC have put all their resources into Colwyn and Rhos beaches but this is beyond a joke now.
I arranged for a special taskforce to clean the beach this morning: