Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574587 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #630 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:53 am »
Are there no hotels on North Parade, or on Happy Valley Road that take the CCBC money each year (£500 or £600) ... but don't make it obvious that tourists/visitors are allowed in to use those facilities???   ?{}?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #631 on: August 21, 2012, 09:21:54 am »
Ive often thought that
Are there no hotels on North Parade, or on Happy Valley Road that take the CCBC money each year (£500 or £600) ... but don't make it obvious that tourists/visitors are allowed in to use those facilities???   ?{}?

Ive often thought that something similar to this.
Why dont councils shut down all their public loos, which will save them loads of money/hassle & get some local hotels/public houses/cafes etc. to open their loos up to the public in return for a reduction in their rates.
The local councils should have already come to some agreement like this with public houses. Most are struggling to make a profit & people popping in to use their loos may even stop for a drink which will boost their profits. - - After all - they are "PUBLIC" houses. 

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #632 on: August 21, 2012, 11:32:07 am »

Alot of the people on that list no longer seem to display signs. According to the list which I have in front of me there are 30 places which offer their facilities, 13 of which are actually in Llandudno, one of which is M&S. They had public toilets long before this scheme was thought of. If they are gaining this handout it is time that they were better ventilated and maintained. Same goes for The Victoria Centre.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #633 on: August 21, 2012, 11:33:46 am »
Ive often thought that

Ive often thought that something similar to this.
Why dont councils shut down all their public loos, which will save them loads of money/hassle & get some local hotels/public houses/cafes etc. to open their loos up to the public in return for a reduction in their rates. 

Just a quick clarification Fester, if a Hotel takes the £500 to £600 p.a. they are obliged to display signs indicating they have public facilities available to the general public, just like the ones on display at the entrance to the amusement arcade on the Pier. If other Hoteliers on North Parade have looked into it, the way we did, the £500 to £600 p.a. wouldn’t begin to cover the cost of the extra Insurance cover we would have to take out, remember we are Private Hotels not Public ones, plus the extra cost involved i.e. water consumption, toilet paper, loo cleaner, extra staff to supervise non hotel guests etc…etc…
It’s our Council, who have the obligation to provide local services to meet the needs of our community. If you think I’m wrong take a trip down to Ceredigion and see what facilities are provided all over the county, to meet their obligations. Their fully functioning, FREE facilities are a credit to them.
Just because our utterly incompetent lot, have wasted a fortune on upgrading the Loo’s at Bog Island and George Street doesn’t negate their obligation to provide proper facilities for use on the North Shore. 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #634 on: August 21, 2012, 11:43:17 am »
Thanks for that Blongb, at last someone agrees with us.
Also for the people who don't agree with you and I-- our businesses are also our homes, how would they fancy hoards of total strangers wandering in and out pocketing everything that's not nailed down. At least Private Hotels have some say on who they allow to visit their homes. Can you imagine the reaction of the public if met at the door by someone saying" Sorry you aren't coming in here-- I don't like the look of you or Go Away you're sloshed". You can't make the excuse that you haven't got the accommodation they are looking for in that instance.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #635 on: August 21, 2012, 11:49:04 am »
Well said Nemesis, well said  $thanx$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #636 on: August 21, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »
And I also agree 100 per cent! Money is wasted on all sorts of silly things and then no money left for basic essentials like public toilets! I wouldn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry in my house either!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #637 on: August 21, 2012, 01:06:28 pm »
 $good$ $good$ ;D

We shall guard the privacy of our toilets ! ;D

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #638 on: August 21, 2012, 06:36:30 pm »
And I also agree 100 per cent! Money is wasted on all sorts of silly things and then no money left for basic essentials like public toilets! I wouldn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry in my house either!

I see the 'pocket watch' is nearly finished on the prom.
Hope they have a good service contract on that!

Offline Tosh

« Reply #639 on: August 21, 2012, 06:44:49 pm »
I wonder where the hands will disappear to?
My money is on someone young, local, male and inebriated who will have them on display in his bedroom.
Time will tell, geddit.     

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #640 on: August 21, 2012, 06:49:36 pm »
It would certainly be silly to expect all hotels/guest houses to allow strangers inside to use the toilets.

The closure of the Happy Valley Road Toilets has always seemed odd to me. Why cannot they be reopened with a 20p charge, which is going to be the standard charge across Conwy County as facilities are upgraded.

The Public Toilets in Rhyl are all far better than Llandudno's - all are clean and are manned, with a  20p charge.

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #641 on: August 21, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »
It would certainly be silly to expect all hotels/guest houses to allow strangers inside to use the toilets.

I agree. They could be given the option though.
Public houses on the other hand, should open up their toilets to the public, & receive in return a cut in their rates.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #642 on: August 22, 2012, 07:19:16 am »
The closure of the Happy Valley Road Toilets has always seemed odd to me.

Incredibly short-sighted.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #643 on: August 22, 2012, 11:16:02 am »

I see the 'pocket watch' is nearly finished on the prom.
Hope they have a good service contract on that!
[/quote]

I see the turf has arrived this morning

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #644 on: August 22, 2012, 11:23:42 am »
It amazes me how long the whole thing has taken to install.  But then again it follows the Alice theme of being Late!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero