Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574238 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2012, 08:08:09 pm »
Iam adding all the grassed areas of Llandudno to the list,never ever have i seen Llandudno look so unkept.No money to cut the grass,what about the profits from the big Eiras concerts.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »
Perhaps private contractors should be employed to cut the grass?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »
It is not the workforce at fault it is either the management or CCBC have slashed their budget leaving the whole of Conwy a mess.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:46 pm »
We could talk about the gardeners in a certain Llandudno park who always finish work early and spend their last half hour reading the paper in their van?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #619 on: July 27, 2012, 07:56:25 am »
Or even others who hide round Marine Drive on the Orme, or Old Mill Road, Dwygyfylchi or any of a hundred other places.  They need Trackers in their vehicles and no doubt the cost would be repaid in very little time.   No supervision, that's the problem.  Sack the Managers.    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #620 on: July 27, 2012, 12:55:02 pm »
unfortunately the tracker only tells you were the vans parked  not what the workers are doing, they may be in the right place but still reading the paper not digging up the weeds

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #621 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
Maybe the thing to do, is for us honest and concerned Ratepayers to report any incident we see and then wait for the manager to get out his white wash brush, unless there is a decent sized carpet nearby that hasn't already been filled underneath!    ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #622 on: August 04, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »
As DaveR has reported on another thread, work has started this morning to demolish BILLINGTONS' GARAGE in Conwy.

Currently parts of the structure at either end have been reduced to rubble so it is hoped the whole thing eventually goes by the end of the day.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #623 on: August 05, 2012, 08:12:12 pm »
Work is well underway converting the Deganwy Castle Hotel into the imaginatively named 'The Moorings' apartments.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2012, 08:13:29 pm »
As DaveR has reported on another thread, work has started this morning to demolish BILLINGTONS' GARAGE in Conwy.

Currently parts of the structure at either end have been reduced to rubble so it is hoped the whole thing eventually goes by the end of the day.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #625 on: August 07, 2012, 08:06:56 am »
If i have;nt already can i add the town beach to our list,this one could have been sorted by CCBC easily but they choose to leave the weeds growing on the steps the sand covered in stones which could easily have been cleared by hand,useless.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2012, 05:19:23 pm »
I don;t know if this is good or not,Parc Llandudno are at last getting rid of the hoardings,they have applied for temporar,y landscaping,which means they can find anybody interested in Llandudno

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #627 on: August 20, 2012, 08:54:47 pm »
A new one for your list Dave, the (lack of) Public convenience at the junction of North Parade and Happy Valley Road (a listed building by all accounts) perhaps it's time for a mass protest like http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Bog_standard_beach_protest the one just held in Adelaide Australia. Seems mighty strange the Council can keep open the Loo’s on the Zig Zag road on the Orme that are used by a few people a day but can’t or won’t meet the needs of a few thousand visitors per day on the North Shore.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #628 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »
perhaps it's time for a mass protest like http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Bog_standard_beach_protest the one just held in Adelaide Australia.

I'm ready when you are - anyone else want to join us?    ;)
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #629 on: August 20, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »
That is a coincidence.

Earlier on, I noticed a sign on the promenade at the top of the wooden jetty stating ‘Toilets’ and pointing in that direction.

I guess it ought to have been removed a long time ago so not to confuse visitors. :-}}}