Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574869 times)

Offline Ian48

Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #585 on: June 01, 2012, 12:47:03 pm »
It's interesting that people have said that work seems to be beginning at Plas y Dre. I haven't been there myself, but it seems a Portakabin and hoardings are up. If so, then they are starting a year ahead of schedule according to their own website.

I know that their development at Cwrt San Tudno was extremely popular and read an article a few years ago, where the CEO said it and somewhere else were its fastest selling ever. Perhaps the interest has been so great, that they want to get started sooner rather than later. Who knows...

At least if they do get started then it will show that some work is being done there and that we don't have two derelict buildings next door to each other as it seems we are stuck with The Clarence as it is for the foreseeable future. Such a shame.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #586 on: June 01, 2012, 02:23:16 pm »
I do understand that very few people on the forum have any interest in my little bugbears but this one has taken 11 years and still the people of Llandudno have a derelict station and we are left in the dark everytime it goes tits up,please county councillors have a little respect for your electrate and just explain,its not hard. :rage:

Wrex, they are not trivial matters that you are raising or talking about they are important ones.  They are important not only for the locals but also for the visitors that we rely on for much needed revenue.  What impression will visitors get when they see the Pavilion site, Clarence Hotel, Castle Hotel, Penmorfs site etc etc?
As for the Railway Staion and the adjoining station yard, my comments would be unprintable!   I walked through the station yard today to get my car from the MOT garage   :'( :'(    and both the yard and Station are a disgrace and as for the Car Wash place then Mostyn Estates should be slapped with a repair notice on it.
Any Councillors that have these eyesores in their ward have nothing to be proud of and should inform their constituents of what is going on and also what they are trying to do to rectify the matter.  They are public servants and accountable to the public.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:26:30 pm by Ian »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2012, 06:02:00 pm »
Hugo i think you will find that Mostyn estates only own the fence at the front and 8 feet behind it,the car wash boys belong to Mr Done from Manchester.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #588 on: June 01, 2012, 07:26:12 pm »
Wrex, that's very interesting because when I was a teenager and went to John Bright School I used to pass there every day.
If my memory serves me correct there was a low metal fence and a patch of grass behind the wire fence that would have been about 8-12 foot deep and then there was a large advertising board.   Behind the board was the old Station yard.
If your information is correct then Mostyn Estates has an unhealthy interest in the development of the Railway Station and surrounding area and I wouldn't trust them one bit.  They usually have an ulterior motive when suggesting any development for the town. 

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #589 on: June 13, 2012, 10:46:31 pm »
This is true Hugo but most of us will be glad to see Mostyn estates back in charge of the Tudno Castle,they have done a fair bit of clearing and securing already,i just hope they have a plan already and relieve us of this eyesore.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #590 on: June 14, 2012, 08:17:17 am »
I wonder if Mostyn Estates exercised this right.

If so, it has been a long time coming.

Why don’t Mostyn Estates come down heavy on the owner for ‘failure to maintain’?
Do Mostyn Estates own the Freeehold?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #591 on: June 14, 2012, 09:21:22 am »

Why don’t Mostyn Estates come down heavy on the owner for ‘failure to maintain’?
Do Mostyn Estates own the Freeehold?
Why has the CCBC never come down heavy on Mostyn Estates?    It puzzles me why CCBC pamper to them all the time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:43:28 am by DaveR »

Offline PSimon23

« Reply #592 on: June 14, 2012, 09:59:32 am »
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #593 on: June 14, 2012, 08:03:22 pm »

Mostyn Estates have repossessed the Tudno Castle Hotel as the Leaseholder was in breach of the 1926 Lease. Looks like Ashley Moore has just lost a shedload of money. Having said that, he's had plenty of opportunities to sell it on and was seemingly happy to let the building decay to a state of complete dereliction, so maybe we won't be feeling too sorry for him.  :roll:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #594 on: June 17, 2012, 07:14:02 am »
Have Mostyn Estates shot themselves in the foot here,with them now responsible for the eyesore all eyes will be on them to sort it out.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #595 on: June 17, 2012, 08:35:17 am »
They've got their hands on a building potentially worth a couple of million as a development site. The plan always was to demolish the building and retain the facade.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #596 on: June 17, 2012, 06:22:54 pm »
What i meant was that if they don;t do or get someone interested they will have us on their backs saying how long our Mostyn Estates going to leave that eyesore on the corner.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2012, 09:18:33 pm »
That should be an incentive for them to sort it out!  $good$

I see that the corner facing their offices has been neatly boarded up:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #598 on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:20 am »
I reckon Mostyn Estates, overall, are a force for good in Llandudno.

Also, I reckon that the close proximity of the Tudno Castle to Mostyn Estates offices will keep the property and its development high up the list of priorities to get done.

I would be optimistic of seeing something established on that site which could be quite special and prominent.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian48

« Reply #599 on: June 22, 2012, 07:21:47 am »
I think Mostyn Estates are definitely a force for good in Llandudno. Look at all the buildings they have restored over the last few years, and to a very high quality as well.

If you think, one of the only areas of central Llandudno that was never under Mostyn control is Clifton Road, and just look at that compared to the other streets nearby. It's quite run-down and lots of the buildings have been badly modernised and there are (often multiple) satellite dishes on almost every building, that detract from the street scene.

I reckon Llandudno would be a very great deal more like Rhyl if it weren't for Mostyn Estates.