Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574801 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2012, 01:06:40 pm »
Billingtons' Garage, Conwy

Two men with a digger clearing and tidying up the frontage at present.

Don't think the digger is big enough to demolish the building, although parts of it look as if a good gust of wind would!!

Two men slapping some paint on the outside today!!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #541 on: February 20, 2012, 04:32:26 pm »
Was;nt me

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #542 on: February 20, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »
No Wrex., they had a small 'orangey' coloured van with writing on it but as I was driving past I couldn't focus on the detail.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #543 on: February 20, 2012, 05:54:04 pm »
Workmen and a portaloo inside the Clarence today. Window knocked out in Arvon Ave.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #544 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:46 pm »
Workmen and a portaloo inside the Clarence today. Window knocked out in Arvon Ave.
They are starting the 'soft strip' of the interior, with more substantial demolition work starting in another couple of weeks.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #545 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:04 pm »

Don't think the digger is big enough to demolish the building, although parts of it look as if a good gust of wind would!!
Mr Flannigan is having the front and back of Billingtons tidied up and painted, fair play to him.  $good$ He would like to renovate the existing buildings but says the decision on whether that would be allowed is out of his hands.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »
The Elms Hotel sold at auction yesterday for £250,000.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #547 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:27 pm »
I spoke with Deganwy Castle Hotel Planning Consultant's yesterday. The application will be heard by the Planning Committee on Wednesday 14th March.
Planning Officers, I understand, are Recommending Approval.
I have requested to speak at the meeting as the Local Member and will be supporting the application.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #548 on: February 24, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »

Mr Flannigan is having the front and back of Billingtons tidied up and painted, fair play to him.  $good$ He would like to renovate the existing buildings but says the decision on whether that would be allowed is out of his hands.
I work opposite the site and admit the frontage does look better now it has been part painted. You just have to walk past though and the back of the building looks in a very bad and dangerous state
I do believe Colin Flannigan has good intentions, but the problem being we could be back to square one.

The delay in getting a demolition order in the first place was delayed because the then owners were following the Planning and Appeal processes. While all this is happening the legal team could not apply for an demolition order as a judge would have said attempts are being made to progress the site.

If Colin's Planning Application is not approved then, we could start all this process again, and be 12 months away from anything physically happening.

In my opinion the current buildings have no architectural or visual merit. Finding an acceptable design in this location, will be extremely difficult. But while we have it and it has taken so long to get, I think the demolition order has to be adherred to.

I know this isn't ideal for Mr Flannigan, but he must have been aware the order existed when he purchased the site. I have asked the questions of the relevant cabinet member and will wait to see what happens.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #549 on: March 04, 2012, 01:18:13 pm »
The Elms Hotel sold at auction yesterday for £250,000.
The lady from The Queen Victoria says she is the new owner and doesn't think it will be ready to open this season.

I wish her well.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #550 on: March 04, 2012, 01:34:54 pm »
So do I-- walked past the other day and it looks to need plenty doing to it.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #551 on: March 07, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »
Work at the Clarence Hotel. The renovation programme will take a year to finish. The contractors are already starting to fall slightly behind schedule because CCBC have still not passed them the completed Section 106 Agreement. Why are major investors in this town treated so poorly by CCBC's Planning Dept?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2012, 04:53:10 pm »
Progress at the Clarence Hotel. Note the gruff Yorkshireman staring in though the front window.  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2012, 08:40:20 pm »
Did you say gruff?   I wouldn't mess with him if I were you...you currently have your hands full arguing with Ian regarding photography.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #554 on: March 16, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »
..you currently have your hands full arguing with Ian regarding photography.
I wouldn't go that far, mate!!  :laugh:  :laugh: