Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574771 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2011, 05:02:50 pm »
I'm not sure if this has already been included in the eyesore list but if it hasn't it certainly should be.  The house is the first one on the left up Ty Gwyn Road after the bad bend. It's windows and doors have been bricked up but it's been like that for ages.
Does anyone know who owns it and why it's in that condition?   

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2011, 06:39:54 pm »
It's owned by the Empire Hotel, I believe. I'm guessing here but there may be structural problems with it.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2011, 06:59:43 pm »
Is that the building that had subsidence problems after the Empire extended to the rear a few years ago?
Maybe that's why they own it?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »
Used to belong to a Mr and Mrs Bulger (or was that Bolger?) I think.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #484 on: October 18, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »
 :( I would like to put Mostyn st on the list ,everybody in the country knows the High st is in trouble and Llandudno is no exception ,we also know that the town council did mention a town manager ,they have decided to improve two side roads with xmas illuminations,leaving the High st to itself. The worst looking property has to be the old Burger King and nobody has looked at cleaning the frontage.CCBC decided we do not warant the electric car parking signs , so i nominate Mostyn st just for the lack of effort from both Councils to improve the Street. ZXZ

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #485 on: October 19, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »
Funny you should mention the Burger King Wrex,
Dave R was telling me yesterday that the asking price has been HALVED to £415k.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #486 on: October 19, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »
That's still a lot of burgers though!!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #487 on: November 06, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »
 How is the station project going, has anybody heard of a start date yet.The last date given was spring 2012 which of course is the last of many we have been given, ofcourse all the other dates have been given without all the funding in place,this last one promised it is all in place,we pray.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2011, 11:40:45 am »
Noticed a bull dozer on the site of the Gogarth Abbey Hotel yesterday.  What's happening?

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #489 on: November 07, 2011, 05:05:47 pm »
Walking down Old Road into town yesterday I noticed that someone with immense patience has for some reason written messages, in black marker pen, about the names of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse onto the double yellow lines on the side of the road. In the unlikely event that the scribe looks into this forum it might have been an idea to learn how to spell the names of the four horsemen and indeed the word "apocalypse" before you started out.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #490 on: November 07, 2011, 06:20:52 pm »
I expect the four horsemen will stay in the Clarence when they arrive  ;D

Only the fourth horseman is named. His name is Death and he rides on the pale horse. The other riders are historically called Conquest on the white horse, War on the firey red horse, and Famine on the black horse.

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #491 on: November 07, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »
Noticed a bull dozer on the site of the Gogarth Abbey Hotel yesterday.  What's happening?

It and other things are often left there. Think it is being used as a builder's yard. :(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #492 on: November 07, 2011, 08:37:49 pm »
"Pestilence" was the one the Graffiti artist really struggled with and "Apocalypse" they gave up after several crossing outs.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #493 on: November 07, 2011, 10:41:44 pm »
I expect the four horsemen will stay in the Clarence when they arrive  ;D

Only the fourth horseman is named. His name is Death and he rides on the pale horse. The other riders are historically called Conquest on the white horse, War on the firey red horse, and Famine on the black horse.

But there are only Four REAL Horsemen, those being the Wrestling Gods pictured below, led by the magnificent Arn Anderson, and 'The Nature Boy', Ric Flair!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #494 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »
 :-X I noticed Anwyl boarding up more windows in the Tudno Castle this afternoon ,i wonder why they are used?.The whole of the outside is now falling to bits, ithought they had to keep it for Cadw , it seems to me this will go the same way as Gogarth Abbey and that is why it sucks to see Anwyl involved at any level.