Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574507 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:17 am »
Here, here!  My relatives will have a cheap place to stay when they decided to visit!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »
I will send my relatives there as well and stop them sponging of me  :P

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2011, 04:56:03 pm »
 :P I noticed that the owners of the Tudno Castle hotel say they have no money to spend looking after the place ,may i suggest they drop the price then and get rid. ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2011, 05:01:45 pm »
I don't think it's even for sale, is it Wrex?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2011, 08:20:30 pm »
 :D oops D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: August 14, 2011, 07:31:33 pm »
I noticed yesterday that another section of rendering had fallen off the rear of the Tudno Castle Hotel. Demolition cannot be that long away.

Here's a photo of the rear of the Clarence Hotel, taken from up in Haulfre Gardens. You can see how bad a state it is in, it will need to be almost completely rebuilt when it becomes a budget hotel:

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #396 on: August 15, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »
Visted the Deganwy Castle Hotel this lunch time to meet one of the owners and the Planning Consultants.
Seen a copy of the proposed plans for the site. They have asked that we hold back annoucing what is in the plans so they can annouce it themselves next week.
Planning Consultants have arrange a Public Exhibition at the Hotel on Thursday 25th August between 3pm and 7pm.
May be a chance for some photographs to be taken!
Planning Application to be submitted in September.
They are making use of the Pre-Application Discussions with Planning Officers (always recommended).
The owner has indicated they have the funds in place to start work, subject to Planning Permission.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #397 on: August 15, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »
 $good$ Nice one Jason keeping us informed even without letting it out,most councillors just ignore their electrate. Jason im glad to see CCBC have agreed to alow Parc Llandudno to build the two new units opposite Tudor Court,common sense. ZXZ

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #398 on: August 15, 2011, 11:11:33 pm »
Nice to see you back on the Forum Jason..

If you can't tell us the full story yet,  can you at least tell us one thing.... ''are we going to like the plan?''

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:49 pm »
 ???  Still waiting to find out if Llandudno station is to be developed or left for another year. :-[

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »
???  Still waiting to find out if Llandudno station is to be developed or left for another year. :-[
Let me put you out of your misery, Wrex. The Scheme has been pushed back (yet again) and is not now scheduled to start until Spring 2012.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »

If you can't tell us the full story yet,  can you at least tell us one thing.... ''are we going to like the plan?''
Hi Fester,
I think you will. from a historic building perspective it should be an improvement to what is there now, (see the old photo on my latest blog as a hint)
From usage aspect. I always believed there would have to be a compromise. The problem with compromise it may not suit everyone. I would have liked to see a little extra on the social side, but business is business and they have to make the development work.
There is a new element, of which I reserve judgement at this point.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2011, 09:38:32 pm »
 They have been putting it back for eleven years,Cll P Evans really has let this one get the better of him,shame.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »
Jason do you know why this town is being messed about and left to wrot.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »

Hi Fester,
I think you will. from a historic building perspective it should be an improvement to what is there now, (see the old photo on my latest blog as a hint)
From usage aspect. I always believed there would have to be a compromise. The problem with compromise it may not suit everyone. I would have liked to see a little extra on the social side, but business is business and they have to make the development work.
There is a new element, of which I reserve judgement at this point.
I just hope that none of the front gardens will be built on - I'm quite happy to see some of the later extensions to the building disappear.