Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574327 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #315 on: June 08, 2011, 08:03:07 pm »
No, Wetherspoons don't run Disco's... but they do own the Lloyds No 1 bars chain .... who DO run Disco's and very vibrant ones at that!
Maybe it could be one of them?
Wouldn't they just be competing with themselves across the road?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #316 on: June 08, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »
Thats what they do in several other towns and cities.... in some places a Wetherspoons and a Lloyds are adjacent to each other, or opposite... as would be the case here.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: June 08, 2011, 08:10:26 pm »
Thats what they do in several other towns and cities.... in some places a Wetherspoons and a Lloyds are adjacent to each other, or opposite... as would be the case here.
Interesting...and not good news for other struggling bars in the town.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #318 on: June 08, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »
 :)If the rumours are true i think they will change the Palladium too a Lloyds and down stairs at the Clarence into a Wethers. D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: June 08, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »
:)If the rumours are true i think they will change the Palladium too a Lloyds and down stairs at the Clarence into a Wethers. D)
Any major investment in the town has to be good news, particularly if it means we can cross one of our Eyesores off the list at the same time.  $good$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #320 on: June 08, 2011, 08:24:14 pm »
Just walked past The Clarence and the Security firm is in the process of covering the front with perforated metal--- Eyesore? Things get worse !

It looks horrendous, and the thing is, that metal sheeting doesn't even protect it particularly well, it can be 'peeled' back fairly easily. I understand also that a Locksmith was busy inside the Hotel changing the locks yesterday - has it finally been sold maybe, and the new owners are protecting the building until work can begin?

Was told yesterday whilst having my hair cut that some of the Hebrew Community had been seen exiting the building with a suited gentleman!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #321 on: June 08, 2011, 08:37:37 pm »
Just walked past The Clarence and the Security firm is in the process of covering the front with perforated metal--- Eyesore? Things get worse !

It looks horrendous, and the thing is, that metal sheeting doesn't even protect it particularly well, it can be 'peeled' back fairly easily. I understand also that a Locksmith was busy inside the Hotel changing the locks yesterday - has it finally been sold maybe, and the new owners are protecting the building until work can begin?

Was told yesterday whilst having my hair cut that some of the Hebrew Community had been seen exiting the building with a suited gentleman!

Is this kosher?  ???

Offline Trojan

« Reply #322 on: June 08, 2011, 08:39:55 pm »

I can see those sheets getting kicked-in by passers by.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #323 on: June 08, 2011, 08:41:44 pm »
Imagine the row when that happens! :rage: :rage: :rage:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #324 on: June 08, 2011, 08:52:50 pm »
Imagine the row when that happens! :rage: :rage: :rage:

Nigel Roberts may start selling ear plugs.  $yes$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2011, 01:59:52 am »
Im still baffeled at what they are doing inside the tin hut on the coach park,to me it looks small but they have been working inside this tin shed for a couple of months and still no sign of a grand opening by her majesty,JFS Z**
This has puzzled me too. The work has been taking months and has involved many people, usually 5 or more cars and vans outside it every day. Maybe a new HQ for Llandudno Regeneration Partnership?  :laugh:

According to Oscar it's going to be a........cafe.  $dins$

Fine dining for the coach park customers maybe?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2011, 08:40:32 am »
It has been a cafe for a number of years.  It is have a full face lift to make better use of space and more welcoming to the Coach travellers.     Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47:53 am »
..and it takes six months to renovate a tin shed approx 30 x 15 foot in size?  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2011, 10:18:49 am »
..and it takes six months to renovate a tin shed approx 30 x 15 foot in size?  :laugh:

I've heard of builders like that!  ;)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2011, 10:49:55 am »

I've heard of builders like that!  ;)
Oh yes, they had another job up the Orme recently?