Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574640 times)

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:30 pm »
:DAnyway back to something that is supposed to be happening,Jason do you have any information on when Llandudno  railway station is begining,cheers. :-X

Hi wrex, I have to admit it is not something on my radar, but I will ask some questions and get back to you.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 09:56:00 pm »
 :)Thanks Jason,i have asked six Llandudno councillors and its like trying too get blood out of a stone. :rage:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 04:29:38 pm »
 ;)Well Fester this is why i have asked Jason,at least you know he is honest and will tell you the truth.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 05:27:03 pm »
 :(I wonder how long it will be before we hear the outcome of CCBC request to meet Mr Taylor over the pier pavillion. ps Jason any news on LLandudno railway station.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 08:54:46 pm »
:(I wonder how long it will be before we hear the outcome of CCBC request to meet Mr Taylor over the pier pavillion. ps Jason any news on LLandudno railway station.

Been a bit busy the last few days and evenings so had little chance to post.
I have asked a few questions about Llandudno Railway Station.

The item was discussed at Cabinet on 24th August, see Item 314.
http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=171&MId=2485&Ver=4

The situation is very complicated and Conwy CBC will act as a lead partner to apply for the grants required to do the work. There are 3 funding streams required to bring the plan together National Station Improvement Scheme (NSIP), Taith and WEFO.

The NSIP is a scheme provided by WAG following European Convergence funding. To apply for such funding Network Rail must first have performed a tender process for the a Design and Build contract.

WEFO is the Welsh European Funding Office.

“Taith” is a joint board of the six county authorities in North Wales working together to deliver substantial and significant improvements to public transport across the region. Taith have agreed last week that Llandudno Station would have first call on grants available next year. We now have to see if this is enough assurance for Network Rail to proceed with the tender process.

Network Rail have completed the Initial Design stage and should be ready to go out to tender for the Design and Build contract. Assuming all agreed in principle funding comes through then works would be due to start in Spring 2011.

The scheme involves improved passanger facilities, including an enclosed waiting area where the vehicular entrance is currently and a bus stop outside. Car parking will be provided where the disused platforms now are. Cars and Taxis will enter the site where the old building recently demolished was.

This is the information I have received, I have to say I'm a bit underwehlemd by the proposals. It seems to be basically just concentrating on the site as the railway station with parking. Not quite the Transport Hub I heard about some time ago. Then again sometimes simplfying things make them easier to deliver.

Regarding the Pier, Mr Taylor is a real person but it is true to say that keeping track of ownership of the Pier is quite tricky as the asset seems to move between businesses and his personal assets.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:57:08 pm by JasonW »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 12:57:07 am »
If Rex has read this reply, I think he too will be ''Underwhelmed''

The Train Station is to Rex what the Pier Pavilion is to me ....and I fear we are both in line for massive disappointment.

On my part, I am giving up, its bad for my health.....in fact I expect to die before anything significant is done with the Pavilion site, and if I do I will have my ashes scattered on the site and HAUNT everyone involved in the LACK of activity.   That does not include Mr Taylor because I think that ghosts are more real than he is.  I tell you, its a tax avoidance scam, and Llandudno as a town is suffering because of it.

It makes me ... :puke2:

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 01:17:18 pm »
 :(Fester we must never give up and many thanks to Jason for your information,did bump into cll Ronnie and he tells me January,so there we have it,nobody bothers to correct information given out. :P

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »
Ever heard of the phrase..'Jam tomorrow?'
Well that applies very well in the case of the Railway Station ....
In terms of the Pier Pavilion no one has ever promised us Jam...not tomorrow....not ever.

Best I can hope for is a grassed over nothingness.....
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 08:44:01 am »
Another site for inclusion must be the former Rhos Harbour Bistro at Rhos on Sea. It was forced to close after a large crack developed in the rear wall (I've seen it and it is pretty worrying), it has been now effectively abandoned by the Leaseholder and Conwy Council have, as yet, done nothing with it. The thing with this eyesore is that it could be a real gold mine if renovated and run properly.

This is it back in happier times:
[smg id=518]

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 03:23:45 pm »
 :-[I think we need to add the Augusta holiday flats too the list ,its looking very very sad at the moment.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010, 07:52:38 pm »
:-[I think we need to add the Augusta holiday flats too the list ,its looking very very sad at the moment.
Yes indeed, I've just added it. Starting to look very tatty now.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 07:56:30 pm »
This one's just for you, Wrex!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 12:21:46 am »
 :rage:  Croeso,welcome to Llandudno railway station the most neglected station in Wales,why ,because they have spent all the money in Newport,home of the Ryder cup,this is why the station plan has been downgraded from a transport hub to a mere car park,all the money has gone south ,again. :o

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Llandudno Eyesores
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 04:06:20 pm »
What about the scaffolding around Wetherspoons? I was fascinated watching the guys erecting it, it really is a feat of engineering but I've yet to see anyone working on it! Does anyone know what's happening?
Apparently when it first went up Iwas told it was to paint the building, then I was told it was there to repair the roof, which I thought at the time was a little far fetched, now I'm being told its a ploy for tax  relief, not sure how that works though x
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »
Well done, Conwy CC planning department, yet again.
I remeber The Grand Hotel in Pen closing down, it was in pretty much the same state. A few locals went in when it first closed, unbelievable what people over the years had left behind, each room in there was like a time capsual, they even found an antique violin in perfect condition. My friend has the original Sign. Its almost criminal that buildings like these are left to rot, but Ido feel its done on pupose though, the Grand should have been listed but of course there was more money to be made from houses on the site and to be fair they were much needed.  Six months later the building was nothing but a shell everything gone from antique bathroom suites to the copper wiring throughout the building. Such a shame.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley