Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 575237 times)

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2011, 01:25:33 pm »
Pendragon, Colin Jones (Killer) was the Best man at our wedding and he is a great guy just as you have said.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2011, 05:21:38 pm »
Colin Jones used to run our local youth club in Pen.  He was there for years.  I haven't seen him for a few years now, if you do Barbiroli will you give him my regards.  Thanks  :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2011, 05:22:43 pm »
Will do

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2011, 05:53:25 pm »
Went for a walk with Socs (the dog). I was surprised to see the state of disrepair on the old turret toilets.
Here's a view of that Tower from the Castle - it's a bigger building than it looks and on two storeys:

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2011, 06:01:37 pm »
You can't see that side usually because of the traffic, I've never seen that view. It's a lot bigger than I realised as you say Dave. Took this photo today. maybe they're going to do some work on it?

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2011, 06:05:39 pm »
Maybe they're going to tidy it up and then sell it off...so it can raise some money for CCBC and also return a decaying building to productive use? Or am I being too optimistic?  8)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2011, 06:10:27 pm »
In another of my acclaimed series of photos entitled 'Eyesores viewed from Conwy Castle', I present Billingtons Garage:

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »
Or am I being too optimistic?  8)
probably optimistic Dave, there's no way they're going to open them up as toilets is there with al the closures going on and it would take a smal fortune to convert them for another use.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2011, 06:21:23 pm »
Or am I being too optimistic?  8)
probably optimistic Dave, there's no way they're going to open them up as toilets is there with al the closures going on and it would take a smal fortune to convert them for another use.
I was thinking a conversion into maybe a craft workshop type thing with office above - needn't cost that much to do. Would be great for a local Artisan to make/sell their goods. Or, according to Cameron's 'Big Society', CCBC should be forced to sell it off to a community group for meeting room or any other use you can think of?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »
I don't know anything about Bilingtons except it's a prime location.  I reckon they'll knock it down and get a backhander from a developer and build another block of god awful flats like the ones they built on Berry Street.  How the hell they got away with those is beyond me.  They look horrendous.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2011, 06:27:56 pm »
Like the Garth block in the grounds of the Royal in Llandudno.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2011, 06:28:18 pm »
That's a really god idea Dave.  There's plenty of local craft workers in the local area. *&(

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2011, 06:29:03 pm »
Like the Garth block in the grounds of the Royal in Llandudno.
What's that Nemesis?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2011, 06:36:11 pm »
The huge block of flats between Llewellyn Ave, Church Walks and Water Street. They are in what would have been the Royal Hotel's car park or garden and are totally out of keeping with the town.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »
That's a really god idea Dave.  There's plenty of local craft workers in the local area. *&(
I have not assumed godlike status yet, Angie!  ;D :P