Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574763 times)

Offline Robbie G

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1395 on: August 19, 2019, 07:40:10 pm »
Hugo
Anwyl are a very old established company you cant fault them for wanting to make more profit ,that's the name of the game ,however its the manner of their operations that seem underhanded to say the least , if the land is leasehold  that implies that there will be 3no organisations with a vested interest Anwyls , Mostyn Estates , and CCBC . all wanting more money . I don't know how Mostyn Estates calculate the ground rent on domestic properties , but I believe on commercial units it is 12% of the business rates ,when all these figures   are taken into consideration its a nice little earner for these organisations for the original application but a much more lucrative proposition with the amended plans , and I suspect the amended plans will be approved I will be very surprised if they are refused . 

Offline Dave

« Reply #1396 on: August 25, 2019, 10:29:44 am »
I have a dilemma and I welcome your opinion. Yesterday I was driving along Glanwyddan Lane at around 1.00pm and there, in the entrance to a field, a car was parked and the owner was throwing large bits of household rubbish over the gate in to the field. I stopped the car, got out and took a picture of the car with the rather startled looking owner stood alongside. He hadn't expected that, but hey, it was broad daylight and there was much traffic on the road. I told hime that I had a feeling he was going to retrieve his rubbish now, which is what he did. I have photos of him climbing over the gate and with the evidence in the background. I crossed the road back to my car and left, saying something about disgusting behaviour whilst he tried to justify why he was doing.
Now the odds are he probably threw it somewhere else instead.
My dilemma is what to do next.
Post the photos on social media , complete with his car registration and identifiable image of him.
Take my evidence to the police and ask them to send someone round for a chat ( I had a 16year old in the car as a witness by the way)
Feel sorry for him and the shame he should feel, although I'm not convinced that will be the case, and do nothing.

Your views would be appreciated.
Thanks Dave

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1397 on: August 25, 2019, 10:49:31 am »
I personally would report him to the police, there is also the possibly of a council number for such situations, well done for stopping,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1398 on: August 25, 2019, 11:19:00 am »
Dave,  well done for doing what you did, many people would just drive past and ignore it even if they hated what the guy was doing.
Go along the route of what Steve has suggested and contact the Police with all your info.
Also contact CCBC and report the matter to them.   They need to be made an example of

As an add on Dave have you checked his car tax and MOT details because anyone who does something illegal and anti social like that is capable of doing something else

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1399 on: August 25, 2019, 11:28:44 am »
Very well done, Dave.  I'd send a report to the Police.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dave

« Reply #1400 on: August 31, 2019, 09:35:51 am »
I sent a report to the council who have got back to me and told me that , as he'd cleared his rubbish they would probably just send him a written warning. I am happy with that and hopefully it's enough to dissuade him from doing it again.

You can find the place to report incidents by searching the council website "report fly tipping".
https://erf.reporting.conwy.gov.uk/en?type=7

There's an interesting map with various incidents reported, not just fly tipping.
The one that caught my eye was the one where someone is claiming £1100 in damage to the paintwork of his/her car as a result of driving over the red rumble strips on the A470. seems strange that it's just one car out of the '000's that have driven over them, and besides they were cordoned off with traffic lights and cones whilst the work was carried out and the paint still wet.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1401 on: August 31, 2019, 09:55:04 am »
 &well&                &well&

Offline Dave

« Reply #1402 on: September 06, 2019, 02:37:10 pm »
It appears as if something is about to commence at the Penmorfa site. Cabins in place. Presume planning has all gone through etc.

I'm also aware that the next building development site has been announced and was open for public inspection, it's the fields surrounding Robertson's Research ( can't remember their latest name). What did get my attention was that earlier in the year ( or was it late last year?) the nearby farm was up for sale at a guide price of £450,000 which appeared a bit of a bargain as it included two substantial sized fields. When you looked in to it there was a codicil attached which gave the seller a 50% share of any future sale for developmemt. Fair enough, but were they expecting it to happen so soon? Whoever bought appears to have no intention of renovating the buildings, wonder what they knew and who they are.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1403 on: September 06, 2019, 02:49:28 pm »
Thanks for mentioning the Penmorfa site Dave but it's far too windy for me to go and look for myself.   I'm nor aware that any plans have been put forward or approved by the CCBC  but with Anwyl nothing will surprise me.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1404 on: September 06, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »
I have had a look at the CCBC  Planning website but can't see anything for this site, perhaps the squatters have moved in and it would serve Anwyl right

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1405 on: September 06, 2019, 04:08:30 pm »
The Penmorfa site is being used by Welsh Water contractors, repairing the sewers, lots of cabins and vehicles etc.

Norman08, mentioned last month.........  "The works that are on the Penmorfa site now are for the sewer pipe by the Orme they have to fix 2 big holes in it having to work to the tides they are there for a few months."

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1406 on: October 01, 2019, 07:59:12 pm »
The Penmorfa Hotel site at Llandudno isn't the only one to be messed about by the  Anwyl Construction firm

https://www.winsfordguardian.co.uk/news/15081729.mere-view-residents-threaten-legal-action-over-rapidly-rising-bills/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1407 on: January 31, 2020, 10:18:21 am »
What on earth is Anwyl Construction playing at and what is more what is the CCBC doing about the former Penmorfa Hotel site?  This fiasco has been going on for about 16 years now and in that time Anwyl has submitted various building applications but has failed to do anything about them even when the plans have been passed
The place remains like a bomb site and no one, not even the Councillor who lives nearby seems to be concerned about the matter
Quite honestly it's an embarrassment to the town and when those tour buses stop near Penmorfa and point out the site and say that Alice in Wonderland lived there, I wonder what the tourists think of it all.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/developer-anwyl-partnerships-starts-apartments-17601004

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1408 on: January 31, 2020, 11:15:07 am »
I always find one thing very curious.  Leaseholders can raise their rates within the contract made when a property is purchased. The answer is to ensure your contract clearly specifies what percentage raise per annum is allowed. Same goes for so-called service contracts. If it's not written in the contract then it's little use complaining when the rates are raised sky high.

But my question is this: properly drawn up contracts precisely specify cost increases, timings and a lot more. Why, then, cannot a council like CCBC draw up contracts which specify precisely when building has to be completed by a building company?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1409 on: January 31, 2020, 11:58:55 am »
That's a very good point Ian and one I've raised before with the CCBC.      I believe that there is a 5 year limit for the building to be started after the planning application has been granted.    My understanding is that no date for completion of the property is fixed by CCBC

Developers use all the loop holes that they can to get around certain planning issues.   Some developers have no moral principles whatsoever and run circles around the Planning Offices

Anwyl Construction is a good example with the way they have treated CCBC and seem nowhere near to submitting a new application for this bomb site despite the 16 years that have gone by