Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574759 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1335 on: June 17, 2018, 03:33:00 pm »
My apologies Bri,  I was born in the Oxford House Clinic in Oxford Road.      I think that the clinic in Argyle Road wasn't built when I was a lad

Something you have in common with my Wife Hugo, who was also born there.  :)

I was born on the 1st floor there, but my youngest brother didn't make it that far as he was born on the stairs going up to the 1st floor    ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1336 on: June 17, 2018, 03:37:54 pm »
The Extravaganza has come and gone but I've not seen much work going on at the Castle Hotel.    They had better get a move on as the height of the Summer season isn't too far away.
I hope that they haven't forgotten about the former Llandudno Youth Centre as it's looking a mess at the moment

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1337 on: June 17, 2018, 06:21:15 pm »
Probably being held over until after Armed Forces Day and the run up.

Offline Meleri

« Reply #1338 on: June 17, 2018, 07:40:57 pm »
Hugo it isn't CCBC that is holding up the build on the former Llandudno Youth Centre. Ravenscroft Homes Ltd who are the builders on the 26th April 2018 put in an application for a variation of conditions 2&5 of the planning consent already given. The revised plans have less parking than the previous approved plans, so that will have to be sorted amongst other things, before a decision by CCBC Planning Department, only then they can start.
It seems to have taken forever, I really feel for those poor people who live nearby, it's such a mess  >:(

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1339 on: June 17, 2018, 07:58:58 pm »
I believe start date for tudno castle demolition is 6th July (facebook)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1340 on: June 17, 2018, 10:45:44 pm »
Hugo it isn't CCBC that is holding up the build on the former Llandudno Youth Centre. Ravenscroft Homes Ltd who are the builders on the 26th April 2018 put in an application for a variation of conditions 2&5 of the planning consent already given. The revised plans have less parking than the previous approved plans, so that will have to be sorted amongst other things, before a decision by CCBC Planning Department, only then they can start.
It seems to have taken forever, I really feel for those poor people who live nearby, it's such a mess  >:(

Thanks Meleri for bringing us up to date on the matter.    I suppose less parking than the previous approved plans translated means more profit for the developer.     Why don't they just be honest for once and submit plans that they intend to go ahead with,   
The site is a disgrace and I remember Tom Davidson saying that he had a flat that overlooks the site and he had to look at the mess every day

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1341 on: June 17, 2018, 10:51:00 pm »
I believe start date for tudno castle demolition is 6th July (facebook)

How come facebook knows before the ratepayers Spotty Dog?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1342 on: June 18, 2018, 08:33:12 am »
Have a look who posted it Hugo !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1343 on: June 18, 2018, 09:32:52 am »
Sorry Nemesis but I don't do facebook so there is no way I can find out.     Is it the same  Fairy Tale writer who once upon a time said that work would start before Christmas?

Offline Meleri

« Reply #1344 on: June 18, 2018, 04:15:10 pm »
There is a chap on 'You Know You are from Llandudno' site states the Tudno Castle demolition starts 8th July, is that the one spotty dog? What a ridiculous time to start when we have so many visitors around  ::)

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1345 on: June 18, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »
Yes Melery I don't know how much credence there is to it

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1346 on: June 18, 2018, 06:52:04 pm »
Sorry Nemesis but I don't do facebook so there is no way I can find out.     Is it the same  Fairy Tale writer who once upon a time said that work would start before Christmas?

The person concerned gets an awful lot of ribbing for being a moaner !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1347 on: June 18, 2018, 07:00:16 pm »
He,s not a moaner but has passion for his home town just a shame more people cant be bothered this council and Mostyn are killing our town .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1348 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:11 pm »
He,s not a moaner but has passion for his home town just a shame more people cant be bothered this council and Mostyn are killing our town .

I'm none the wiser Norman but he's obviously not the one I'm thinking of who promises a lot but doesn't deliver on them

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1349 on: January 15, 2019, 03:19:15 pm »
I was looking at the CCBC planning website and saw that an application to demolish the Penmorfa Hotel was made in October 2004, yet here we are over 14 years later and the place is still like a bomb site
It's just an eyesore and yet Anwyl Construction is building estates all over North Wales and beyond but appears to be ignoring Llandudno
Does anyone know just what is going on behind the scenes?