Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574444 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1320 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:52 am »
What is it with these people?   They try every trick in the book to get their planning application passed and then they just sit on it and do little or nothing.
Yet when you have a Developer trying to sort out the Pavilion site, some people aren't happy with that either!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1321 on: April 24, 2018, 09:38:55 am »
What is it with these people?   They try every trick in the book to get their planning application passed and then they just sit on it and do little or nothing.
Yet when you have a Developer trying to sort out the Pavilion site, some people aren't happy with that either!

That's not the point I was making.   After all their efforts to get planning permission why do they then do nothing about it?
Anwyl has been doing it for 10 years with the Penmorfa Hotel and the Castle Hotel has also been empty for about 10 years too.
With the Llandudno Youth Centre,  Mostyn Estates went to appeal with it and won and what has happened since?    That building could also turn into a saga

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1322 on: April 24, 2018, 01:54:46 pm »
Hugo, isn’t the developer for the Tudno Castle Hotel the same developer currently working over in Colwyn Bay on the new CCBC Head Office or am I mistaken?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1323 on: April 24, 2018, 03:08:49 pm »
I'm not sure Bri, but if I find out I'll post it on here.     I drove past the building in Colwyn Bay today and it's massive and I wonder what's going to happen next with the on off on merger with Denbigh  Council
Perhaps it was built so big with that in mind but then we know CCBC  so anything is possible

PS    I've just had a quick look on Google and it says that the developers for the Castle Hotel are Mostyn Estates and Opus North but the developer for the building in Colwyn Bay is Muse Developments Ltd

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1324 on: April 24, 2018, 03:38:19 pm »
Just as an add on to the Colwyn Bay site Muse Developments Ltd has appointed Bowmer and Kirkland as the main contractor

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1325 on: April 24, 2018, 05:07:09 pm »
By coincidence, Hugo, I thought I saw earlier the name Bowmer and Kirkland on the external boarding outside the Tudno Castle.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1326 on: April 24, 2018, 06:32:32 pm »
I'll have a look when I next go past the Castle Hotel Bri, but that could explain the distinct lack of activity in Llandudno -------  they must all be working in Colwyn Bay!    ;D

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1327 on: April 24, 2018, 07:31:49 pm »
I,m sure the road closure is the 8/9 th of May for the castle demolition , do you know Hugo a guy who moved to the area partly blamed our family for the state of the hotel 😂

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1328 on: April 24, 2018, 07:55:40 pm »
I noticed a car parked inside the Tudno castle today and lights on in the portakabins.  From what Norman says, it would seem sensible for demolition and road closures to take place after the Extravaganza has taken place.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1329 on: April 24, 2018, 10:46:27 pm »
I,m sure the road closure is the 8/9 th of May for the castle demolition , do you know Hugo a guy who moved to the area partly blamed our family for the state of the hotel 😂

It does make sense for the demolition to start after the Extravaganza has finished but perhaps the week after would have been better as I expect that many people will be staying on in the town after the event.
As for the guy partly blaming our family for the state of the hotel, when did they let him out?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1330 on: May 05, 2018, 11:40:27 am »
I wonder how long it will be before the next local eyesore will be the Argyll Road Health Clinic?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1331 on: May 05, 2018, 11:56:32 am »
It must be a very old building Bri because I was born there,  I've been there a few times in recent years because my back is creaking more than the building is.     ;D

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1332 on: May 05, 2018, 04:42:00 pm »
I also remember going there during the early sixties to visit the school dentist when I was just around the corner in JBGS.

Were you actually born there, Hugo, or in the Oxford Road Clinic?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1333 on: May 05, 2018, 05:47:14 pm »
My apologies Bri,  I was born in the Oxford House Clinic in Oxford Road.      I think that the clinic in Argyle Road wasn't built when I was a lad

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1334 on: May 08, 2018, 08:54:34 pm »
My apologies Bri,  I was born in the Oxford House Clinic in Oxford Road.      I think that the clinic in Argyle Road wasn't built when I was a lad

Something you have in common with my Wife Hugo, who was also born there.  :)
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)