Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 589139 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #675 on: November 16, 2012, 11:02:10 am »
Pleasing to see that the plans for Gwrych Castle are up before the Planning Committee next week and are recommended for Approval:

"76 bed hotel, with restaurant and bar facilities (for use by guests and non-residents), conference/wedding reception facility to accommodate 150 guests, spa accommodating 25 people, gym accommodating 25 people, small visitor centre and car
parking for 240 spaces."

Gwrych Castle by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #676 on: November 21, 2012, 02:43:54 pm »
Full Planning Report on Plans for Gwrych Castle:
http://goo.gl/TY9Cu

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #677 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:17 pm »
Regarding the Tudno Castle Hotel, Judith Phillips says that the owner successfully contested the lease forfeiture attempt by Mostyn Estates and now has control of the building again. It's looking in a shocking state now, several large areas of render are ready to fall in any gale or storm, in my view.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #678 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:23 pm »
Then they should be forced to do the building up or get rid.

Offline romanjohn

« Reply #679 on: November 22, 2012, 12:58:07 am »
tudno castle i rember reading in one of your local papers on the web that the owner.a local counciller thought it should be pulled down please correct me if wrong. thanks for a great forum

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »
   This is more than an eyesore, it absolutely smacks you in the eye if you approach it from the west shore in Llandudno.
   I refer to the color of the tempory (thank God) fencing around the building site at the end of Abbey Road, more or less opposite the hospice.
  I cannot describe it, its unbelievable. Its a lenghty stretch and it is painted in an undescribable color, a mixture of pink and purple.  Who the hell found this paint, or is it a laugh?   Mike

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #681 on: December 08, 2012, 08:41:39 pm »
Probably someone's left overs! Is that still in the conservation area, as the boundary is a little strange in that area?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #682 on: December 09, 2012, 08:49:31 am »
I cannot describe it, its unbelievable. Its a lenghty stretch and it is painted in an undescribable color, a mixture of pink and purple.  Who the hell found this paint, or is it a laugh?   Mike

We saw that happening and found it difficult to believe our eyes. Dark Green or Brown would have been acceptable, but mauve / pink makes it ideal as a target for RAF bombing runs but little else. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #683 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:55 am »
Maybe it helps to brighten up the view for the folk in St David's Hospice considering the Town and County Councils have done little to add any other form of cheer to the Town.     :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #684 on: December 09, 2012, 04:37:01 pm »
Just happened to pass Moatyn estates car park yesterday ,next to Debenhams,read into this what you like,but there was a Travelodge veichle parked in there.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #685 on: December 09, 2012, 08:19:29 pm »
   Not a lot. I doubt top people from Travel lodge travel by van

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #686 on: December 10, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »
   This is more than an eyesore, it absolutely smacks you in the eye if you approach it from the west shore in Llandudno.
   I refer to the color of the tempory (thank God) fencing around the building site at the end of Abbey Road, more or less opposite the hospice.

I went to see this today, wow!  :o  get your shades on to look at this!  8)

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #687 on: December 10, 2012, 06:47:17 pm »
Fantastic, we need to brighten up this dull lifeless town! $walesflag$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #688 on: December 12, 2012, 10:34:56 pm »
Tudno Castle was on CCBC planning meeting today,but no information was given,it had restricted next to the application,lets hope its something positive,please.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #689 on: December 13, 2012, 07:02:48 am »
Sort of, I believe it's an Enforcement Notice to tidy up the building.