Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574600 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #570 on: March 19, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »
It looks to be in a dreadful state Dave. I wouldnt like to guess how much its gonna cost to put it right !!!!
Yes, it's in such a poor state that it will basically need to be stripped back to the walls and rebuilt. There will be two new extensions at the rear. The cost of the work is approximately £3m.

When Mostyn Estates gutted their building in St. Georges Place (EX Bartons) and rebuilt the inside their estimated loss was in excess of £3.5 million. It was so expensive and over budget I was told they will never undertake a project like it again.
..apart from when they completely renovated the William Glover building on Mostyn St/Vaughan st?  ;) Mostyn Estates take a long term view of these things..and that is the correct approach to take.

Offline martin

Re: BILLINGTONS GARAGE
« Reply #571 on: March 21, 2012, 08:04:15 pm »
Looks like the person who has bought the site is no better than the previous owners Muller Property Holdings, he seems to be issuing threats that if he does not get his own way he will let it to a haulage operation.  The will of the courts should be upheld and the building demolished, end of.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #572 on: April 10, 2012, 08:26:58 pm »
CCBC's Cabinet voted today to adopt a new strategy towards dilapidated buildings in the County. Will the first recipients of this new policy be the Pier Pavilion site and the Tudno Castle Hotel?

General Policy and Procedures for the Use of Powers under Part III Law
of Property Act 1925 and Local Land Charges Act 1975

1. Introduction
1.1 The above measures give powers to a Local Authority to ‘sell on’
property or land to a new owner of there is an unwillingness or inability
to resolve problems caused by the property and its condition.

1.2 The powers conferred by Section 103 of the Law of Property Act 1925
can be used to recover debts owed to the Council. The measure
allows a Council to require the sale of a property on the open market.
The Act can be utilised in relation to empty properties, land,
commercial properties and occupied dwellinghouses.

1.3 The method of sale must ensure that the property is not sold at below a
reasonable market price and the sale is competitive in relation to an
identified valuation. A sale should therefore normally be supported by
independent valuations, including a valuation by the District Valuer.
The method of sale can be to a preferred purchaser or by auction as
long as the sale is completed at a value that corresponds or is above
the independent valuation.

http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=171&MId=2720

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #573 on: April 11, 2012, 01:23:22 am »
That looks like a very positive piece of legislation.

I assume it is a foundation stone towards a move on the Pier Pavilion site,  if not why take the step now?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »
DELAYS continue at a Llandudno hotel over the resolution of planning issues.

Work at the Clarence Hotel, which is set to be turned into a branch of Travelodge, continues to be halted.

Workmen for contractors RecoBuild have been absent from the site for three weeks and removed their signs and barriers as they await the resolution of a planning wrangle, which would allow them to demolish sections of the building for access.

A spokeswoman for Conwy County Borough Council said the council's legal department are awaiting a response from the solicitors of applicants Hawkwell Properties.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/112123/clarence-delay.aspx#.T48LTKQMm6I.twitter

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2012, 10:23:30 pm »
There has got to be more to this than that statement.The builders have even come across problems or CCBC are just pulling the wool over our eyes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #576 on: April 18, 2012, 10:41:43 pm »
The builders have even come across problems or CCBC are just pulling the wool over our eyes.
Possibly a bit of both, Wrex.  ;)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2012, 08:37:12 am »
There is also more to it than meets the eye. The rear security has been breached several times with youngsters seen coming down from the upper regions. The 'fencing' is nothing more than a glorified windbreak. Despite contacts with various people including police, council, security it is still unsecure. When some youngster is killed--------- need I say more?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #578 on: April 22, 2012, 10:14:31 am »
Nice piece on oscar about the CCBCballs up concerning the Clarence,lets hope all ends well.I must admit i;ve never know so little going on in the town to bitch about,come on Yorkie get out there and find us some gossip.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #579 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »
Just waiting for the new Council to be elected then the first thing will be asking for their declarations of interest in the Register!   After that - who knows???     WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #580 on: May 13, 2012, 07:31:23 pm »
Whilst walking back from Conwy to Llandudno today, I decided to call in at the Deganwy Castle Hotel to grab a few photos before the renovation work starts:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #581 on: May 23, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »
Work seems to have started 7 months early on the Plas y dre flats on Gloddaeth ave,shame there will be no early start on the Railway station.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #582 on: May 24, 2012, 12:38:36 pm »
What are they going to do with it?  I noticed a Portacabin there this week.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #583 on: May 24, 2012, 12:47:06 pm »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #584 on: June 01, 2012, 07:16:56 am »
With two of the eyesores being held up,the station and Clarence hotel i would plead with CCBC to concentrate on Llandudno,i appreciate the massive budget for our new Alice trail,especially the one outside the Neville hotel opposite one of the biggest eyesores in the town,but please try and sort out the 11 year cock up that has been the station transport hub,did we ever find out why they decided to axe the coaches useing platform 4 and 5?.I do understand that very few people on the forum have any interest in my little bugbears but this one has taken 11 years and still the people of Llandudno have a derelict station and we are left in the dark everytime it goes tits up,please county councillors have a little respect for your electrate and just explain,its not hard. :rage: