Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 575343 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:12 pm »
 :D Im very pleased to see our Mr Transport,CLL P Evans has got his eye on the ball when it comes to the route of Arrivas open top bus ,but PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE let us know what is happening too Llandudno railway station,the town is about to loose hundreds of free parking spaces at Mostyn Champneys so the supposed 150 spaces on the station could be needed.We know the Bay has just announced another refit,i pray ours comes first,12 years this has been on the cards,DON;T MESS THIS ONE. :rage:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »
Development of the Llandudno Station site has been on the cards for 17 years.  I remember discussions about it with a Member of Management and Consultants when I worked for the old Aberconwy Borough Council.  Northern Markets bought the site and thats when the trouble started.   It could be another 17 years before anything is done.   ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2011, 08:57:07 pm »
wrex, I spoke with Cllr Philip Evans this week and asked about the railway station. As I reported we had submitted the bid, but the bureaucrats in Cardiff had some queries and we have had to virtually resubmit the whole bid for funding. This resubmission was done a couple of weeks ago. - So we are still waiting on the Welsh Government in Cardiff for agreement of a grant.

My concerns with the Colwyn Bay Pier are based upon those as Yorkie has highlighted with the experiences of Llandudno Railway Station.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2011, 08:59:47 pm »
  PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE let us know what is happening too Llandudno railway station,
wrex, does the information posted last January help in anyway?

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=42.msg11450#msg11450

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2011, 09:00:33 pm »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:49 pm »
 ;) Lets hope that will be JFS;S first success,getting the funding for Llandudno station. $walesflag$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:29 pm »
It always amazes me these days that nothing can be done without grant funding? Why can't Councils just pay for things themselves? Why do we need to give money to Network Rail in order to carry out work that they should be doing already and that they receive many billions in state funding for every year?

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
 8) Nationalise the freemasons.  WWW
Micox

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2011, 08:19:34 pm »
 :(Why did CCBC notell the papers that the Welsh Assembly had called in the plans for Llandudno railway station,this must have been months ago.So we now know the Assembly have the resubmitted plans at hand so this has to be Janet Finch Saunders first challenge and it concerns her OWN town,so lets see what good she can get with this.We know they rebuilt Newport station for one week of golf,we North Walians have been waiting 12 years and they still keep making excuses not to give us the go ahead, IT STINKS. :rage:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2011, 09:20:35 pm »
I was in Bangor today and noticed that the Railway Station was entirely covered in scaffolding; it's getting a full revamp.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2011, 10:30:02 pm »
 :-[ Because we are not on the main line we are bottom of the list,i know Rhyl and Colwyn Bay have been had several make-overs in the last few decades while all Llandudno gets is parts demolished,its a disgrace and Phil and Ronnie should be ASHAMED. :'(

Offline Trojan

« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »
Perhaps you should contact Special Branch Wrex?  ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:49 am »
I was in Bangor today and noticed that the Railway Station was entirely covered in scaffolding; it's getting a full revamp.

That's a through station, we're just a dead end in more ways than one!    'Tis the end of the line Wrex! What would you do with a new Station complex anyway?    Play trains?  ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2011, 08:23:11 am »
Bangor Station does have significantly more usage than Llandudno, 592,000 passengers in 2009/10 compared to 287,000 for Llandudno. And, of course, Llandudno needs significantly more work than practically any other Station in North Wales.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:41 pm »
Perhaps Llandudno station would have better usage if it were better connected – and more pleasant?  I travel cross country by train a reasonable amount, particularly during winter, and if through trains don’t come to Llandudno a frequent and reliable shuttle service to meet them at the Junction would be useful.  I sometimes travel to the Junction to start the journey  rather than risk missing my first connection, while returning home in the evening I’ll often pay the extra taxi fare from the Junction in preference to waiting there for half to three quarters of an hour for a connection to Llandudno (assuming, of course, that I haven’t missed the last train to Llandudno).