Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 575212 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2011, 05:51:01 pm »
They've got plenty of money. they'd rather sit on it until they decide to do something with it. I believe progress has stalled because Stange were required to carry out a detailed archaeological assessment on the land before starting building.

"The whole development comprises the demolition of the chapel on Church Street, and a stable block and the erection of nine apartments and garages and the conversion of the shop into a café/bar with maisonette above."

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2011, 05:57:15 pm »
 ;D I shall offer the services of my metal detector and my extensive knowledge of all things metal detectorish  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2011, 06:06:15 pm »
That Old Stable is an interesting looking place, there could well be interesting bits under the Red Lion building too.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2011, 06:12:22 pm »
I wonder if I could permission to have a look?  I'd have to wear a balaclava too I'd never live it down  8)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2011, 06:19:09 pm »
You could always ask them:
http://www.stangeandco.co.uk/

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2011, 12:21:20 pm »
idn't know the Rowlands family had branched out so much.  I had a summer job with Jimmy and then Billy.  Any of them still around?  I know Jimmy died.  Who runs the company now?

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2011, 08:39:15 pm »
Wowwww. I certainly knew Jimmy Rowlands and Doreen but had no idea Stange's had built such an empire (no I know they don't have the Empire you fool). The big surprises are the Bee and the Snowdon! Many happy memories of the Snowden - brilliant darts team. Used to drink there with my mate Mel (Mel used to run the London too, when Roy Watson - another good guy - was 'convalescing' and I tagged along as helper). Who was that really well liked - justifiably - owner in the 1970s? Derek Riddler, another good mate, behind the bar.

The Bee used to be a lovely old fashioned pub that we invaded after Sunday League matches on that bloody awful Eglwysbach field.

But to turn to my near obsessional concerns these days, I could see no information for any of the Stange pubs about disability wheelchair access.  :rage:
Micox

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:57 pm »
Walking past the Castle Hotel this evening I noticed that a couple of the ground floor windows are half open. Airing the hotel in readiness for the forthcoming season perhaps!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2011, 11:19:20 pm »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2011, 12:00:42 am »
Yes... Medz, after all its infinitely preferable to have the current crumbling eyesore, rather than 'risk' something that might be 1% out of line with planning permission rules.

CCBC should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2011, 12:12:03 am »
CCBC should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

That land would make an ideal extension to Parc Llandudno would it not?  ???

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »
 ;D I wish this transport group and the NWWN would concentrate on letting us know where we are up to on the redevelopment of the station and when or if it is ever going to happen ,then try and bring new destinations in,its a disgrace at the moment and nobody gives a damn,the millenium was when this was supposed to have been done ,thats 11 years,it will never catch the Pier Pavillion but its a good second. :rage:

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »
It's been going on for so long now Wrex that in these present economic circumstances I would be surprised if anything happens soon.  A wasted opportunity to develop two important sites in the town.         :rage:
Pen Morfa's catching up on them too, it may only be two years since the centre portion was demolished but it was left to deteriorate by the builders for years before  for financial gain on their part!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: May 29, 2011, 06:45:59 pm »
A new entry for the Eyesores section, the two derelict houses on Deganwy Ave in Llandudno. I believe the houses (which are linked) are divided into flats, all of which are in separate ownership. I recall one of them coming up for sale a while back, guide price £10,000. As usual, CCBC have taken no action in regard to this property, despite it being in this state for many years.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2011, 08:53:31 pm »
And some say the Tudno Ward is deprived?  ???