Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 575148 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #1425 on: March 08, 2020, 11:16:43 am »
Wonder who licks the brown envelopes 🤔

Remind me to tell you something when I see you next Norman

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1426 on: March 09, 2020, 05:21:02 pm »
I wonder how many apartments Anwyl will apply for this time and how many will be affordable?     

2006      application for 25 apartments
2008            "              28     "
2018             "             51     "
2020       Anybody's guess        &shake&

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1427 on: March 11, 2020, 02:38:35 pm »
When I read the article again,  I realised that they had said exactly the same thing when they were touting for the Lego Land development

“We intend to engage with local people via community consultation events prior to the submission of any planning application.”

Meetings behind closed doors with CCBC  planning office will have gone on already so why doesn't Anwyl come clean about it or submit the same plans that they originally had planning permission for.
At least those 28 apartments were in keeping with the surroundings

Alternatively they could ask Beech Homes for a copy of the plans for the apartments that Beech Homes built next door to Penmorfa.   At least Beech Homes apartments blended in with the surrounding and were well built and very attractive to look at and they did not over develop the site

Offline Dave

« Reply #1428 on: March 11, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »
Much depends on personal opinion to what is an eyesore, something attractive can be an eyesore if put in a different or inappropriate place.
If you stand on the promenade at the bottom end of Nant-y-gamar Rd in Craig-y-Don you will see that in recent years a new house has been constructed on top of the hill on the right hand side. It looks to be in a fabulous position with far reaching views and wonderfully landscaped grounds.
Whilst in construction the people who built it cut down numerous trees without the appropriate permission. I think they were ordered to replace 270 of them by replanting, they might even have had a fine too. This would have been peanuts compared to the value gained by giving the house one of the best plots in the region.
What surprises me is that I'm pretty certain that they have continued to remove trees after the initial fine, take a look and see what you think.It's so in the open now they basically have waved a couple of fingers at the local authority.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1429 on: March 11, 2020, 06:10:13 pm »
You are right of course Dave, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you are talking about something completely different.
It seems that you have no objection to the building in Nant Y Gamar and the CCBC has passed the plans for it too but you are objecting to the fact that the developer has cut down all those trees in order to obtain that great view
If those trees had a tree preservation order (TPO ) then they are in big trouble

A person in Sandbanks had a tree cut down in his neighbours garden, without the neighbours permission and ended up with a fine of £75K as that was the amount that they estimated his property had increased in value because of the view

You could always discuss the matter with the TPO  Officer at CCBC they are pretty keen on that type of behaviour

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1430 on: April 16, 2020, 02:36:07 pm »
I was going to post this as a Quiz question but then thought that it didn't deserve that so I've posted it on local eyesores where it did deserve to be put.

The question is:-     What is missing from this advert?

Minus one point for any wrong answers

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1431 on: April 16, 2020, 06:20:11 pm »
At a guess, the word Llandudno.
As an aside, the site was open and there were vans there this morning.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1432 on: April 16, 2020, 06:30:46 pm »
I think it has been used for a while by contractors working over the road.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1433 on: April 16, 2020, 06:40:10 pm »
Yes they used the site last year when they were fixing the sewer pipe outlet, and now doing work at the pump station.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1434 on: April 16, 2020, 08:12:50 pm »
The first prize goes to Nemesis, so well done            &well&

Perhaps in another 90 years the name Llandudno may appear in their advert

Is the smell still as strong as ever Norman,    I mean from the sewer and not from the antics of Anwyl?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1435 on: April 16, 2020, 08:34:50 pm »
Thanks for that! <:<:<:<

The pong varies, depends on the wind ! Perhaps Norman passes more often than I do these days, but it seems to depend on the weather conditions.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1436 on: April 16, 2020, 09:46:09 pm »
I think most of the pong is from the sand in the pond nowadays, I,m nearly in tears every day looking at the mess our council have allowed to happen with all the sand 😡

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1437 on: April 17, 2020, 08:41:52 am »
You'd think that the close proximity of both local councillors would stir matters up somewhat.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1438 on: April 17, 2020, 10:21:11 am »
They are just burying their heads in the sand         

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1439 on: April 25, 2020, 10:14:21 am »
New Madoc flats    ref Inyourarea