Author Topic: Cars and Coffee Goes Large  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Gavel

Cars and Coffee Goes Large
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:54:54 pm »
Here's the front and back of the flyer, supplied by Colwynbid, to promote Cars & Coffee Goes Large on June 16. Colwynbid have funded closure of the entire length of the Cayley section of the prom at Rhos on Sea (our traditional venue) and there'll be room for 300 cars. I do hope you can join us.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Cars and Coffee Goes Large
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 05:50:28 pm »
Thanks very much for letting us know, I'll mark it in the calendar so I don't miss it as I really enjoyed the last one I went to

Offline Gavel

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 12:10:03 pm »
Here's my attempt at a poster promoting the event. You'll see them around Rhos and I hope you will support the event, which is in support of the North Wales Air Ambulance, the RNLI and Happy Faces. Bring your classic car and join the parade lap, or give us a wave as we parade drives by and then join us on the Prom.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 01:42:56 pm »
A special event on June 16 will stop the traffic…in a good way

What father doesn’t like seeing scores of vintage, veteran and classic cars of yesteryear? To say nothing of today’s supercars that most of us can only dream about owning.
And where better than Rhos on Sea promenade, which will be closed for the day?

That’s the plan for Father’s Day – June 16 – at the North Wales resort when the all-free monthly Cars & Coffee on the Prom event “goes large”.

Cars & Coffee has been running on the third Sunday of the month from April to September for five years now and it always attracts a large number of cars and visitors. It was intended to give car enthusiasts a focal point to gather during the summer months and to support Rhos on Sea and its traders.

At the beginning of the year the organisers were approached by Rhos on Sea Events to stage a large car-focussed event and they secured funding from Colwynbid to close the promenade for one day in June.

David Abernethy-Clark, one of the organisers, said: “June 16 was a no-brainer, that’s the third Sunday and it’s Father’s Day. The timing couldn’t be better, so it’s Cars & Coffee Goes Large.”

The road closure means there is space for 300-plus display cars and other attractions will include (at the time of writing):
• A merry-go-round for kiddies offering free rides
• The Happy Faces “Trotters Trading” Robin Reliant tombola
• Static displays by the North Wales Air Ambulance, RNLI and Fire and Rescue
• Free to enter Colwynbid raffle
• Colwynbid/Welsh Rally stand

For visiting vehicle owners there will be:
• The opportunity to exhibit your car among those of other enthusiasts
• A parade lap of Rhos on Sea for those display cars wishing to participate
• The chance to win Concours, Furthest Travelled, Most Historical and Judges’ Favourite trophies
• Meet Jade Pavely, the Under 25s Welsh Tarmac Champion 2018 with her Subaru Impreza rally car
• Free goody bags
• Chance to win tickets to the Welsh Rally Colwyn Bay special stage

The idea for the event came from Emily Whitlock, chair of Rhos on Sea Events. She said: “We are indebted to Colwynbid for making the day possible and to the Rhos Fynach for supplying the trophies.

“We are hoping for lots of fabulous cars and local shops, restaurants and cafés to add their support with perhaps motoring-themed displays and menus.

“We’re also hoping that local residents line the parade route and give the cars a wave and a cheer as they pass before joining us on the prom for a truly unforgettable day.          ref Pioneer  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17674126.more-than-300-cars-expected-for-rhos-on-sea-fathers-day-event/