The Local > Genealogy & Research

Joseph Hughes originally from Penmachno

(1/13) > >>

Meleri:
He was born in Penmachno 1870 & died Llandudno Junction 1926, then my Grandfather's brother took over the business. My Great X2 Grandfather Joseph started the business & built the showroom in Llandudno Junction which is now Lamberts.

Hugo:
Thanks Meleri,  this is a copy of the 1891 Census and the family were living in Bryn Gorach Cottage.    Is this your relative Hugh?

Surname   Forenames   Relationship   Marital Status   Sex   Age   Occupation   Birth County   Birth Place   Disability   Notes
HUGHES   Joseph   Head   M   M   54   Stone Mason(Notem)   CAE   Conway      
HUGHES   Jane   Wife   M   F   46      CAE   Penmachno      
HUGHES   Maria   Dau   M   F   25      CAE   Penmachno      
HUGHES   Hugh   Son   S   M   21   Stone Mason(Em'ee)   CAE   Penmachno      
HUGHES   Margaret A   Dau   S   F   12   Scholar   CAE   Penmachno      
HUGHES   Evan   Son   S   M   10   Scholar   CAE   Penmachno      
HUGHES   Owen   

Meleri:
Yes that's him Hugo after Bryn Corach cottage they moved to Machno Terrace Conway & then to Llandudno Junction.

Jack:
That is interesting Meleri. I assume your Gt Grandfather was the same H Hughes, stonemason responsible for Conwy war memorial?

Hugo:
That's a bit spooky Meleri because your Gt Grandfather Hugh was my Taid Evan's elder brother.      Joseph who had lived in Llewelyn Terrace in Penmachno was my Gt Grandfather
Taid Tywyn as we called Evan lived in 7 Park Terrace Deganwy and he and his wife had 12 children there, my father Norman being the youngest of the 12.
By the way have you seen a photo of Joseph as I have an old photo and think that it is one of Joseph but I can't be certain of him?
My mother's maiden name was also Hughes and Norman08 who is a forum member is my first cousin but on my mother's side

Surname Forenames Relationship Marital Status Sex Age Occupation Birth County Birth Place Disability Notes
HUGHES Joseph Head M M 54 Stone Mason(Notem) CAE Conway   
HUGHES Jane Wife M F 46  CAE Penmachno   
HUGHES Maria Dau M F 25  CAE Penmachno   
HUGHES Hugh Son S M 21 Stone Mason(Em'ee) CAE Penmachno   
HUGHES Margaret A Dau S F 12 Scholar CAE Penmachno   
HUGHES Evan Son S M 10 Scholar CAE Penmachno   
HUGHES Owen Sonlaw M M 23 Railway Engine Fireman(Em'ee) CAE Llanrhos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version