Author Topic: Elizabeth Kerridge living in Llandudno in the 1939 register.  (Read 19224 times)

Offline Helig

• Management board member
Re: Elizabeth Kerridge living in Llandudno in the 1939 register.
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2019, 09:41:08 am »
Hello Hugo,

Thank you for your kind offer. Don't worry, there is no rush for this.

I shall have to get my thinking cap on to give you more idea of where it is located. It was easy enough for me to find when I was up there. Giving someone directions is another matter.

Helig

Offline Hugo

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2019, 12:37:16 pm »
Hi Helig

Don't worry about being too specific as the cemetery isn't that big anyway.    The grave with the cross is to the east of the old Church and not too far away from the building

The other headstone is upright and looks like it is made of slate so it shouldn't be too hard to find as most of the others headstones appear to be of various types of stone

I'll have another look sometime and will try and find something about Elizabeth if I can

Offline Helig

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2019, 01:23:30 pm »
Thank you, Hugo. I hope your back has improved and you are not in pain.

I am not very good with directions, east, south, west etc. My memory is that the grave was on the left side of the church as you are looking towards the Orme. It was close to the path that runs along there.

See the second photo of St Tudno on this site and to the left of the area where the seats are shown.

http://www.greatorme.org.uk/sainttudno.html

I hope my memory serves me well!

Helig

Offline Hugo

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2019, 12:15:31 pm »
Thanks Helig, that will help.  The second photo is of the pulpit on the southern side of the Church and where they have the open air services in the Summer ( weather permitting of course)
I'll let you know if I can find it

Offline Hugo

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2019, 10:12:17 am »
I was at the Archives yesterday and the Archivist found the grave of Albert and Florence Ackerley at St Tudno's Cemetery.   It is not by the Church or in the Church graveyard but is in the municipal  part of the newer Cemetery.
It was a nice day so I drove up the Great Orme and finding the grave was easy after seeing the map of the Cemetery.  I've taken a few photos and will post them as soon as my laptop is repaired

Offline Helig

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2019, 09:58:13 am »
Thank you, Hugo. Please accept my apologies for the memory lapse as to the location of the grave. I was usually admiring the view when I was up there.

Helig.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2019, 12:21:12 pm »
No need to apologize Helig at least I've found it and know why it wasn't on the Burial Index for the Church.    I'll post the photos when my computer is sorted out
As soon as I am able to I'll have a look for Elizabeth again but I don't know when that will be.   My back has gone worse and I won't be playing golf again and at present I have difficulty even walking but hopefully the physio on Thursday .may help   

Offline Helig

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2019, 09:18:03 am »
Don't worry Hugo, there is no rush.

I am sorry to hear your back is worse. It sounds the same as I was having recently. I was struggling to walk and got stuck when I was out a couple of times. It has improved now, thank goodness. I hope you have some good results with the physiotherapist.

Helig.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2019, 01:03:32 pm »
Hi Helig,

the good news for me is the laptop has been repaired but the bad news is that I've lost everything that was on it, photos and all.  So there is a lesson for me that I should have backed up my work on line

My back is still bad and I'm unable to walk without being in pain so no golf ever and no walks in the immediate future either.    I'm just glad that the laptop is back in action and I can see what is going on around here

I'm sorry that you had your problems with your back hope that it is back to normal now

Offline Hugo

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »
Hi Helig,  here are a few of the photos I took at St Tudno's Cemetery.    The first one is of the base of the grave with the cross that is in the old Cemetery.    It would appear that there are 4 people buried in the grave
The 2nd and 3rd photos are of the grave in the council run Cemetery.       In the 3rd photo the grave is the nearest slate headstone, it just gives you an idea of it's location in the Cemetery

Offline Helig

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2019, 10:26:19 am »
Thank you, Hugo. It looks as though you had a lovely day on the Orme. I used to love walking up there, the views were gorgeous.

Helig

Offline Hugo

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2019, 04:08:14 pm »
While I was in the Archives today I asked the lady there if she had any records of Elizabeth and she did have a good look on the computer but nothing turned up.
She did suggest contacting the Crem at Colwyn Bay but I think that you have already had a go at that and they couldn't help either.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2019, 11:16:08 pm »
Helig,   I had a look at this site and put in Elizabeth Kerridge 1947 and 4 examples came up.      I did not go into it any further  as there was a nominal charge of £2.00 or  £4.00 depending on which example you view'
With all your searching you have probably seen them all before but I'll list them just in case you haven't

1     headstone in a collection recorded with the name Kerridge           location    Highlands
 4       "          ditto                                                                              "          Norfolk
1                    ditto                                                                              "         Norfolk
1                    ditto                                                                              "         Norfolk

https://www.deceasedonline.com/

https://www.deceasedonline.com/

Offline Helig

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2019, 09:31:39 am »
Thank you, Hugo.

These wouldn't relate to the Elizabeth Kerridge in my tree. The Kerridge family originate from Norfolk and Suffolk, so there are loads of them in those counties. The one in the Highlands is a mystery. I have a Kerridge contact who has a massive database on the family and most of the Kerridges in the UK and abroad. I can ask him about this one. He has been asked about Elizabeth Kerridge but doesn't have her burial details. He didn't have her death information until we found her death in Llandudno.

There is one possibility that I haven't pursued and that is whether she was buried by her family who were called Hayler. They come from Sussex and I did wonder if she was buried somewhere there. The other family members doubt that but it seems we have drawn a blank in North Wales.

Helig

Offline Hugo

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2019, 03:26:53 pm »
It's strange Helig that nothing is turning up for Elizabeth.   There must be some type of paper trail to follow because her death was recorded in the Conwy Registration District in the first place and then you would think that if her body was removed and taken out of the area there must have been some documentation completed.

I don't know what the procedure would have been in those type of cases,  if I ever see Em the Crem in Llandudno I'll ask him, last I heard was that he was also doing research into his own family but was having some difficulty too