Author Topic: Swiss Cafe in Llandudno and Deganwy  (Read 264 times)

NevAlston

Swiss Cafe in Llandudno and Deganwy
« on: February 26, 2019, 04:35:36 PM »
Hello everyone, my Paternal Grandmother was from Lanrwst and met my Grandfather in Deganwy (he was from Cambridgeshire). He was working at the bakery in Deganwy from 1926, which was run by the Semandini family. They had a Swiss cafe in Deganwy and also in Llandudno. The one in Llandudno was first at 5 St Goerges Place, and I think then moved to Mostyn Street or they opened another one?). I have a photo taken by my Dad in 1957 of the Swiss Cafe. I think it is now where the entrance to the Victoria shopping centre now is on Mostyn Street. My Grandmother worked at the St. Goerges place cafe and I have some letters from 1928 sent to her. Her maiden name was Gertrude Evelyn Vincent Williams (known as Evie). Does anyoune have more info on the cafes', bake house, or Semandini familys? Attached is the photo I mentioned.
Also, my Grandmother's Auntie, Kate Jones,  purchased 7 Mostyn Cresent and opened a guest house called Winchmore (She use to be in service in Winchnore Hill in London, before then). I notice the guest hous still has the same name.