Author Topic: Robert Williams / Sarah Ellen Evans.  (Read 12103 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Robert Williams / Sarah Ellen Evans.
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2019, 05:17:17 pm »
This is the marriage Register that I was looking at previously but I took a photo of it when I went to the Archives today

Offline Hugo

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2019, 08:14:09 am »
I had a walk yesterday from the old Llangelynnin Church to Tal Y Fan on the Carneddau and had a look at the Church.   It's one of the remotest and oldest Churches in North Wales and is about 900 feet above sea level.    The Church was closed in 1840 due to depopulation in that area but there are still services in the Church on certain days
My friend Tellytubby and I had a good look around the place and found the grave of three of William Williams' children who sadly died at the tender ages of 3 weeks,  3 years and 4 years 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkVCIomhqKk

Offline Hugo

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2019, 10:20:15 am »
After going to the old Church we went to the new Church in Llangelynnin and passed the Chapel in Henryd on the way.
The new Church has closed and has been bought by an archaeologist who has also bought a few acres of land abutting the Church.
We had a very interesting chat with him before having a look around the graveyard. We found the grave of William Williams and his wife and they were the parents of those 3 young children who were buried in the old Church
The headstone was a flat slate stone and the inscription was still clear after all these years

Offline mull

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2019, 12:16:13 pm »
Looks like you had a good day.
A lot on at the moment and will have a detail look at all the info when I get the chance.

Thanks again. Mull

Offline Hugo

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2019, 12:26:29 pm »
It was just like a Summer's day yesterday and nice to get out.       I hope that you were able to finish your soak away before the deluge came down a few days ago
Capel Curig had over 5 inches of rain in the one day so it is no wonder they had the floods down stream in the Conwy Valley

Offline Helig

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2019, 10:22:59 am »
Thank you for posting these photos Hugo. It is lovely to see the palces we have been researching for this family. The one old church up in the hills reminds me of St Tudno on the Great Orme. Henryd looks to be well maintained and in good condition.

Helig