Author Topic: Dewi Parry Jones  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Dewi Parry Jones
« on: November 14, 2018, 05:43:41 pm »
It was sad reading about the death of Mr Jones in the NWWN today.    Like many others of my age I regularly went to the Llandudno Youth Centre when it was run by Dewi Parry Jones and his late wife Dilys and I have fond memories of the place thanks to the work that they did there.
My thoughts at this sad time are with his family.

It was only last week that I was talking to my brother about the Youth Centre that has now been completely demolished to make way for new apartments and I had no idea that Llandudno no longer has a Youth Centre or meeting place for teenagers.
That really saddened me to think that the young people of the town have no where to meet up and enjoy the things we enjoyed all those years ago

Offline Bri Roberts

Re: Dewi Parry Jones
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »
Yes, I share your sentiments, Hugo.

I have many happy memories of Mr and Mrs Jones in the youth club during the late sixties after regularly coming over from Deganwy on my lambretta scooter.

One of my proudest moments was Mr Jones presenting me with a shield for winning the club’s chess competition in 1968.

That was fifty years ago and the shield is still in my possession today.  :)

RIP Mr Jones.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 05:08:20 pm »
Yes, we have nice memories Bri of our time at the Llandudno Youth Club and fond memories of Mr and Mrs Jones.     Two lovely people who contributed so much to so many young people.

When you think of all the activities that were available to us then we should consider ourselves very fortunate.  You won the chess competition in 1968 and I was the darts winner in 1963 and 1964 and apart from those activities there was a football team, table tennis a gym, TV, music and loads of other things to do. 

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »
Mr & Mrs Jones taught our generation how to respect people ,we had so much to do in that building , 1d for 20 mins of table tennis 3d for the snooker to name a few .

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 06:42:59 pm »
And building canoes at the back, then testing them in the bay under supervision
Dictum Meum Pactum