Author Topic: CONWY road LLAndudno traffic lights  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
CONWY road LLAndudno traffic lights
« on: September 30, 2018, 10:35:03 pm »
I expect many of you will know that the traffic lights facing you when you exit Mostyn Chmpneys and want to enter Conwy Road have been altered. In case you don't know these lights have been changed to a give way sign. but the lights facing you when coming from llandudno sill exist. I know the reason for this alteration. At certain times it was impossible to exit from Mostyn Champneys because of the volume of traffic and the fact that only about six cars could get out before the lights went back to red.
    The situation now is unusual but that docent mean its unsafe. Anyway I used it this week. Went up to the give way, looked right, a car a long distance away so I pulled out. Whilst i got up speed this car overtook me and gave me  a serious blast on his horn, and another, and no doubt a shacking fist. He or she obviously saw his green light from a distance and thought traffic should not come out of the road on his left.
    Anyone else suffered like this? i''''ll bet thee will be quite a few

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: CONWY road LLAndudno traffic lights
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 08:42:58 am »
No, but I can see how it's happening.  Those making the angry gestures should do their homework: the exit onto Conwy Rd is past the Traffic lights - not by much, but it is past them - and cars entering from that point are in exactly the same position as if they were entering from a side road. 

Even so, I was taught never to trust any set of lights, and to take a lot of care when going through them. If you check the stats on people jumping red lights, you can see why.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.