Author Topic: Special Award of the Week  (Read 11697 times)

Ian

• Administrator
Re: Special Award of the Week
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2020, 06:25:42 PM »
There's no doubt that this pandemic is bringing out both the best and the very worst of humanity. 
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
Tan Rallt Holiday Home Park and Spa in Abergele  and Marine Holiday Park in Rhyl, have handed their properties over to the NHS 250 beds,
a great gesture.   see covid19 thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »
I'm not a fan of Gary Neville but only because he has been rude about my team LFC      ;D

But I would like to nominate him and Ryan Giggs for what they have done in Manchester.     They jointly own two hotels in Manchester but they have closed both of them down and set them up for NHS staff who can use them and stay there rent free during this pandemic.
I thought that it was a wonderful gesture on both their parts and that they fully deserved a mention.     Well done Gary & Ryan    $good$

Perhaps other former Premier league footballers may follow their example   

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
Situations like the present day Coronavirus pandemic can bring out the worst in people like the idiots we saw this weekend going up Snowdon.      They and other like minded selfish people may have brought forward a compulsory lock down in the UK

It can however bring out the best in people and we saw that in our road yesterday and I would therefore like to nominate my neighbours Mick and Lona Gavins  for a special award of the week

They had leaflets printed out and the leaflets were distributed to every household in the street offering help to anyone with their shopping and a host of other things too.     
Well done to that family and they have now restored my faith in human nature          $good$

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Situations like the present day Coronavirus pandemic can bring out the worst in people like the idiots we saw this weekend going up Snowdon.      They and other like minded selfish people may have brought forward a compulsory lock down in the UK

It can however bring out the best in people and we saw that in our road yesterday and I would therefore like to nominate my neighbours Mick and Lona Gavins  for a special award of the week

They had leaflets printed out and the leaflets were distributed to every household in the street offering help to anyone with their shopping and a host of other things too.     
Well done to that family and they have now restored my faith in human nature          $good$

Excellent, I am sure there are many others out there, that we will hear of.         $salute$

SteveH

• News Editor
Re: Very Special Award
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »
Simple but true.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2020, 11:01:12 AM »
 I would like to nominate Dink for the award of the week        Coronavirus: Outlaws biker boss opens diner to homeless and anyone in need during crisis.

Too often we judge people by their appearance and quite often we are wrong and I remember a gang of bikers riding up through Colwyn Heights and thinking " here comes trouble"         How wrong could I be as all they were doing was taking food parcels to feed the animals at the RSPCA Centre in Bryn Y Maen and they did this thing every year
They were more like Angels that day than Hell's Angels        $good$

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login