Author Topic: Special Award of the Week  (Read 3261 times)

DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Special Award of the Week
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2018, 08:34:18 AM »
I've often said that an elected Mayor is the answer in a town like Llandudno, together with an interactive website to allow residents to report problems/suggest new policies & ideas etc.

OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »
All depends on who stands for Mayor. Could just be another clown to join the circus.

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 05:50:58 PM »
The current system doesn't allow us any control over what happens. The worst that can happen is a councillor doesn't get re-elected at the next election.  A directly elected Mayor could be a good idea.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 05:50:18 PM »
This made me smile............ :)

"When officers moved to arrest Williams in August this year, under Operation Loot, the 18-year-old jumped out of a back window and tried to run away barefoot and in his boxer shorts.

However he did not reckon with the athleticism of Sgt Ian Evans who raced up the street, caught him and slung him over his shoulder to be taken back to custody."    quote from the DP.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
The strong winds last night caused quite a lot of damage according to the DP, however as far as I can see, the only problem  around the Gloddaeth Ave area,.........it's  "bin day", guess what happened during the night..........the Avenue looked like a recycling centre this morning, please note I said "looked"

Now it's not very often we complement CCBC on this forum, but just for a change, the award goes to the quick thinking person who arranged the clean up. just after 9am the small pavement sweeper arrived, closely followed by the bigger gully sweeper, great job, well done.    :)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 12:08:06 PM »
That's nice to hear Steve and give credit where credit's due.   

Would you mind asking them to come up to St Andrew's Road in Colwyn Bay as it looked like a bombsite earlier this morning.    Luckily our bins were not affected by the strong winds so our street is relatively clean

norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 12:56:59 PM »
👏 well done Ccbc 🤔 Oh yes you did say Gloddaeth Ave shame they can't be quicker cleaning the rest of the town, I can't wait for our bin day tomorrow all the rubbish everywhere but will not get cleaned up unless a few of us go out and clean it 😡😡

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 10:01:14 AM »
The 'touching' thing this Subway did when favourite customer died
Alan Haynes, a former boxer who lived in a project for vulnerable adults, would visit the Llandudno store up to three times a day.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login