The Local > Times Past

Early Hotels - Questions & Memories

<< < (2/43) > >>

DaveR:
I have a postcard of the County Hotel in the 1960s - was the Jesmond on the right-hand side (looking at the photo)?

[smg id=1183]
(Click image to see full size version)

Trojan:
 :) These two are circa 1911 Anthony - a little before your parents worked at the Jesmond in the 1920's & 30's.

Trojan:
 :)

Anthony.G:
Hello DavidR and Trojan, Thanks for the photo's. Jesmond was to the right on the photo's. Looking at the inside of the  County Hotel  it would appear that it is made up of three former establishments. Craig-y-Don,    ----------------? and Jesmond. On the 1911 picture the central hotel has a sign but I cannot make it out. Any idea's?     

Bri Roberts:

--- Quote from: Anthony.G on February 21, 2011, 08:30:05 am ---it would appear that it is made up of three former establishments.
--- End quote ---

This is quite common on Llandudno Promenade.

The Four Oaks Hotel, further away in the photograph, also comprises three former establishments.

--- Quote from: Anthony.G on February 20, 2011, 10:04:29 pm --- I find it a bit atmospheric to stand where my parents worked before I was born.
--- End quote ---

By coincidence, I had the same experiece when spending all of the summer of 1993 at the Four Oaks Hotel with my family after the 1993 Flood Disaster and in the section where my Nain had lived and worked at the beginning of the twentieth century

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version