Author Topic: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018  (Read 18716 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018/2019
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 04:51:34 pm »
The worlds best rally drivers are set to return to North Wales again in 2019.

Just weeks after a successful 2018 Dayinsure wales Rally GB, organisers have already revealed the event will be returning in 2019.
While a route is yet to be revealed the 2019 Wales Rally GB dates have been set for October 3 to 6, 2019.
On Twitter, the official Wales Rally GB account, said: A date for the diary - Dayinsure Wales Rally GB will be on the 3-6 October 2019.
"Who is coming back for more mud and excitement?"

This year's event was labelled a huge success and included a UK first as rally cars were able to take to public roads.
Dayinsure Wales Rally GB Managing Director, Ben Taylor said it had been an amazing weekend and was a great way to finish with Llandudno and the Great Orme providing the perfect backdrop.
Taylor said: “We made history of our own as well this weekend, bringing World Championship motor sport to public streets for the first time in Britain.

“Llandudno looked amazing and it was wonderful to see so many spectators coming out to experience the WRC. We had amazing crowds all weekend.”   ref Pioneer

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2019
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2019, 06:12:41 pm »
The countdown has begun to this year's Wales Rally GB in October.

The 2019 FIA World Rally Championship held it's official launch on the weekend at the Autosport International show at the NEC in Birmingham.

All four major factory-backed WRC teams – Citroën, Ford, Hyundai and Toyota – unveiled their latest competition cars and their new 2019 driver line-ups in front of huge crowds on Saturday.

The 10 month global adventure blasts off in Monte Carlo in just a few weeks’ time and concludes in Australia during November.

In between, competitors face epic showdowns throughout Europe, South and Central America, and Asia including a return to the UK for Wales Rally GB on October 3 to 6.

WRC promoter managing director, Oliver Ciesla, said: "I’m really, really excited. As we saw last year, the competition is now so close between the drivers and the teams that this season is all set to be the best for a long, long time.

While the presence of British drivers Kris Meeke and Elfyn Evans, now team-leader at the M-Sport Ford team, drew huge applause among local fans in Birmingham, it was the presence of the sport’s top gun Sébastien Ogier that attracted most attention.

Last year, the outstanding Frenchman became the first man in history to win five Rally GB's en route to a sixth World Championship crown after a nail-biting finale Down Under.

Since then, though, the reigning champion has rejoined crest-fallen Citroën and was making his first public appearance for the French team in front of the crowds at the NEC.

Ogier said: "It’s been great to come here and to give so many fans a chance to see the cars in their new colours ahead of the Monte Carlo Rally.

“This is the start of a big challenge and we face very fierce competition, so it will be tough… but I’ve never been afraid of a challenge and I’m really looking forward to this new one. Every time you start something new in life it’s always exciting,” he grinned.
As for his chances of stretching his Rally GB winning record to six, Ogier was predictably circumspect.
He said: “Wales is a very special event for me.

"I have managed to master the very tricky conditions several times now. Hopefully, I will be competitive once again in October.”

Tickets for this year’s Wales Rally GB will go on sale in the spring when the 2019 competitive route is announced.
Ref Pioneer