Author Topic: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018  (Read 18721 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 08:27:56 am »
Also it would to my mind be safer there, and cause less hassle to people trying to work. The 'Street Stage' is actually on Sunday, so I should avoid town both days !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 10:38:26 am »
Both pictures taken in Arvon Ave. Interesting to see what happens to the van!

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 12:19:35 pm »
I am led to believe that the reason for the early road and bus changes on Monday night, were due to an arranged  "course inspection"  for the rally crews and drivers.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 02:34:10 pm »
According to the official 'blurb' which came through the letter box, that was the Recce.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 08:36:57 pm »
I was wondering whether or not to visit Tir Prince tomorrow evening so I just viisited the rally website for information and saw this:

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE ON SITE AT THE RALLY BOX OFFICE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY FROM 2PM THURSDAY 03.10.18

I am guessing they mean the 4 October !!!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 08:55:45 pm »
PADDOCK PASS - £25 Adult / £15 Child (aged 2 - 15)
In addition to access to the General Admission areas, this ticket will provide access to the exclusive paddock area, including warm up zone and unallocated grandstand seating on a first come, first served basis. Please note, pushchairs are not allowed in the paddock area.

Tir Prince Paddock Pass tickets will be taken off web sale at midnight Wednesday 3 October, though they might be purchased on the day, subject to availability, purchase in advance for the best price and a guaranteed entry.

So I went to buy and .........

Visit Conwy Tir Prince Paddock Pass ADULT (Age 16+ years)
in addition to the General Admission areas, this ticket includes access to the exclusive Paddock Area, including warm up zone and first come, first served unallocated grandstand seat. Please note, pushchairs are not allowed in the Paddock Area.

£25.00 No booking fee

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM DEESIDE BOX OFFICE !!!!

N.B. - It is not midnight for another three hours and I am certainly not going over to Deeside.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 03:47:23 pm »
These are the cars you will see racing in the Wales Rally GB 2018
Wondering which rally cars you can spot racing around North Wales this weekend?

The flags have been waved and the 2018 Wales Rally GB is underway once again.
The event will see scores of suped-up vehicles descend on North Wales as they compete in the battle for the WRC title.

Photos, videos and more information ...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/cars-you-see-racing-wales-15239054

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »
More signs :- If you walk down Arvon Avenue past a certain point you will be classed to be trespassing ! Bet Travelodge are thrilled ! :o

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2018, 04:23:14 pm »
Earlier, Nemesis, I noticed Arvon Avenue appeared to be open beyond 2pm and down to the entrance of Seilo Chapel.

Tomorrow, it is great news as Llandudno and the final rally stage will be shown LIVE at noon on BT Sport 2, Channel 5 and S4C.

Let us all pray for a sunny day. ☀️

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 08:59:08 pm »
All cars were to be cleared from there and the central reservation of Gloddaeth by 4pm or they would be towed away. Marshalls were walking round at 3pm slapping large red notices on the cars in the street ( and it was full ).The car parks nearer West Shore were also full, so where people were ending up I hate to imagine.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2018, 08:08:41 am »
10.30 pm last night, Arvon Ave full of rally 'set up' vehicles, no wonder they wanted the space ! Noise and activity on the roundabout deafening. Just hope they toned it down before the poor residents wanted to sleep.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2018, 03:23:47 pm »
I've just  been watching the Stage around the Great Orme on TV and it was fascinating to see the cars going around the Marine Drive and into town.
There was some great footage of the cars going above Pigeons Cave too

Offline SteveH

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2018, 04:20:10 pm »
I've just  been watching the Stage around the Great Orme on TV and it was fascinating to see the cars going around the Marine Drive and into town.
There was some great footage of the cars going above Pigeons Cave too

Great coverage on Channel 5,(over 3 hours)thanks Bri. for the heads up, what a fantastic event, walking around the various stands and demos, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, good atmosphere all round, superb advert for NW and Llandudno, this was much more than just a race, I can see this going from strength to strength.

The reason for the delay.....    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/air-ambulance-called-serious-motorbike-15249292

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2018, 04:29:57 pm »
Missed it but did have an excited (and in Norfok) mum telling me after that she’d seen cars racing the “wrong way” round the Orme on tv after the event. I also believe that the coverage had good shots , including the Litlle Orme which she enjoyed as familiar scenery.  My own curiosity question.  Anyone any idea what speeds these highly tuned cars with top drivers can reach round Marine Drive?

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2018, 05:28:43 pm »
Yes; they reached over 100mph at places on the downhill stretch.  Have to say I was a tad miffed that they only really started the live coverage when the cars had passed the lighthouse.  They showed one full circuit while they were waiting for the thing to start then it only showed live images from just past the lighthouse.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:37:15 am by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.