Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573527 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #975 on: September 15, 2014, 02:37:07 am »
Well freedom of speech seems to have taken a step back now.We all think and agree with a lot Oscar said,from our pathetic CCBC to our overpaid idiots in government ,whether it be in Conwy,Cardiff or London,who now is going to put this shower too rights.We let religious clerics condem our soldiers but we can;t condem OUR elected few,something has gone wrong and needs changing.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #976 on: September 15, 2014, 08:23:55 am »
Well freedom of speech seems to have taken a step back now.

Nope. Still exists. You can name and shame on here, Wrex, just so long as you can back up everything you say and everything is fair comment. What you can't do is make salacious and unfounded allegations about people. Nothing's changed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #977 on: September 15, 2014, 12:24:23 pm »
I see there is a new blog called : Oscar's Second Thoughts...... that can be found   http://oscarssecondthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

have a look if your interested not much on there at the moment

A page of bitter ramblings by someone who needs to get a life, just my opinion of course.

Definitely a familiar ring to that blog  ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #978 on: September 15, 2014, 12:30:32 pm »
I see there is a new blog called : Oscar's Second Thoughts...... that can be found   http://oscarssecondthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

have a look if your interested not much on there at the moment

A page of bitter ramblings by someone who needs to get a life, just my opinion of course.

Definitely a familiar ring to that blog  ???
Someone's asking for trouble there, given the recent North Wales Police interest in such things.  &shake&

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #979 on: September 15, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »
Someone who appears to 'have an axe to grind'. No comments recorded so far I notice.

Offline Jonty Hammers

« Reply #980 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:26 pm »
This will likely cause something of a sea-change to the gossip scene in Llandudno. Oscar, for me, always seemed to tread an uneven line between right-minded and well-intentioned checking up on those in power, and cruel tattling and rumour-mongering. It is right and proper that democratically appointed officials, paid for out of the public purse, should be subject to consistent scrutiny. But it is not right that unfounded and likely damaging speculation ought to be aired into people's private lives; least of all when the target has no means of redress. And for such scrutiny to be useful, it needs to be well-informed and, in turn, subject to checks of its own.

I won't air any of the accusations those behind Oscar have made during the past few years (to do so would make me just as bad and likely just as liable for any lawsuits!!) but there will be a few injured parties who will now look to hit back at some of the things that have been said about them. A good chunk of what was said on Oscar could be quite cruel.

Here's hoping that in the vacuum that opens up, a new blog springs up - one which will continue Oscar's careful glare on public services, but with more care when it comes to personal spite, malice, slander or gossip. As Ian noted, freedom of speech does not guarantee one the right to say whatsoever they wish about anyone, without the expectation that they might some day be brought to task for their claims.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #981 on: September 18, 2014, 07:07:09 am »
Guto will be making himself available tonight for questions:

PUBLIC MEETING
Imperial Hotel, Llandudno.
Thursday, 18th September 2014
18:30 - 20:30

This week I shall be holding my first public meeting this autumn in the Imperial
Hotel, Llandudno.  The meeting is due to start at 18:30, with refreshments available
from 18:00 onwards.

These are an opportunity for you to question me on any subject - national,
international or local and have proved popular and interesting events.

If you are interested in attending or would like further details please telephone
01492 583094 or email office@gutobebbmp.co.uk.

I look forward to meeting with you and hearing your views.

Guto

PS.  If this meeting isn't convenient you may be interested in one of my other
public meetings:

Beach Cafe, Llanfairfechan  18:30-20:30, Thursday, 25th September 2014

Eagles Hotel, Llanrwst  18:30-20:30, Thursday, 9th October 2014
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #982 on: September 18, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »
I believe he was seen out shopping recently ....... :D

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #983 on: September 18, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »
 _))*  _))* he will need that!  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Wales in Bloom 2014
« Reply #984 on: September 19, 2014, 07:51:05 am »
Congratulations to Llandudno on winning the Wales in Bloom 2014 (Town Trophy Category)

Congratulations go also to Colwyn Bay upon winning Wales in Bloom 2014 (Large Town Trophy Category)

Special mention must go to Friends of Queens Park, Craig-y-Don, for being awarded Level 5 Outstanding in the ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood’ category.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #985 on: September 19, 2014, 08:23:20 am »
I think Colwyn Bay is the only town that enters the Large Town category, so it's perhaps no surprise that they win every year?   :laugh: ???

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #986 on: September 19, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »
Shock we won.how did they manage that

Offline SteveH

« Reply #987 on: September 20, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »
Live: North Wales Live Blog.

Mother and daughter: Just spoken to Chris Lloyd from Ogwen Mountain Rescue he helped rescue a 61-year-old woman who had fallen on the Great Orme last night around 5.15pm. She had been walking in the area with her 22-year-old daughter, they were enjoying a day trip from Manchester. She had to be airlifted to Ysbyty Gwynedd by 22 Squadron from Valley. She had suffered a broken arm.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #988 on: September 21, 2014, 10:52:33 am »
I will put this in here for now, ......Admin can move into relevant sections.    :)

LOOK: Amazing Conwy images from 1890-1900 held in US Library of Congress

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/look-amazing-conwy-images-1890-1900-7786842

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #989 on: September 21, 2014, 11:03:42 am »
Excellent, Steve.  I've added it to the photo library in here (so ME can't see it  :twoface: ) and I'll copy it into the old photo topic on the main board in here.