Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573477 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #675 on: October 09, 2013, 10:57:40 am »
Thanks for the info, DVT.  $thanx$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #676 on: October 09, 2013, 11:40:13 pm »
Marine Drive was actually closed when I checked earlier on Wednesday, but I couldn't see a reason why.

I thought maybe a rockfall?   an event?  .... or maybe Getalife was getting busy with the cleaning fluid?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #677 on: October 10, 2013, 09:48:34 am »
May have just had the Road Closed signs up ready for today, as we have to ensure there are no overnight anglers parked on the Drive this morning!

Next week it'll be closed from midnight Friday 18th for 24 hours.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #678 on: October 11, 2013, 08:18:18 am »
The event was much bigger than last year.  The organisation was tight, and ITV News' satellite truck was there, as was one of only two Hi-Def Gyro-stabilised camera-equipped helicopters in the UK, a huge BBC team (five camera crews - bigger than many movies) the production and presenting ensemble for Blue Peter and a host of Cambrian Rally's top drivers providing circuits to press and lucky friends, in addition to an international press corps.  What was interesting was the age range; while the drivers were primarily younger, the bulk of the CR team was in the upper 50 - 60 year range. The coverage was great for the town (big slot on ITV Wales last night) and great for the tourist business of N Wales.  The Blue Peter slot will be more than five minutes in length and will; be shown on the programme, which is now on CBBC, in the week following the Halloween special.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DVT

« Reply #679 on: October 11, 2013, 09:50:27 pm »
Thanks for those words Ian, it certainly was a successful day for us.  I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team - not sure how they will take your guess at the age range (upper 50-60 year range)!!!  We have a wide range of ages on our Cambrian team and the North Wales Car Club committee (from mid-20's to mid-60s, unfortunately I fall in the latter.  I suspect, in common with many clubs and organisations, trying to get younger people to join in to assist in administration and organising is becoming more and more of a problem.  The Cambrian team has been hard at work for months and some of us working full time on the event, we've already started on 2014 as well!

As for age of drivers, the lad driving the very quick yellow Proton is just 18 years old, and is a potential winner of next weekend's event.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #680 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:00 am »
Man, 63, arrested over woman's murder in Penlan, Deganwy

A 63-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a woman in Conwy county.

North Wales Police were called to a property in Penlan, Deganwy, at 18:45 on Wednesday, where an elderly woman's body was found.

The arrested man, also from Deganwy, was known to the woman, police said, and is in custody at St Asaph.

The cause of death has yet to be established and forensic officers are at the scene.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #681 on: October 24, 2013, 04:05:27 pm »
Following a post mortem the death in Deganwy is no longer being treated as suspicious and the man has been released from custody.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #682 on: October 27, 2013, 10:52:26 am »
Weather could be bad tonight:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Tosh

« Reply #683 on: October 27, 2013, 11:21:21 am »
Well if we're getting all that I hope poor old Mull up there isn't getting the plague of frogs and boils.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: October 27, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »
Or this...

Offline mull

« Reply #685 on: October 28, 2013, 09:25:11 am »
Ah, you big southern Jessies.
All OK up here, Calmac still running as normal.
Might be differant tomorrow when the wind goes north and I have to go over to Oban.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #686 on: October 28, 2013, 09:46:07 am »
Ah, you big southern Jessies.
All OK up here, Calmac still running as normal.
Might be differant tomorrow when the wind goes north and I have to go over to Oban.

But what about the boils and frogs Mull?
 ££$

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #687 on: October 29, 2013, 09:02:40 am »
I've just noticed this in the "North Wales Live" column of the Daily Post website -

"TRAFFIC DELAYS: There are delays of around 9 minutes for motorists going along the A547 at Highlands Road to the A55 at Old Colwyn because of traffic."

The thing is this was reported at 7.19am on a Tuesday morning.  Is there really so much in Old Colwyn at that time of the morning or are they just making this up to fill a bit of space?

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #688 on: October 29, 2013, 02:56:23 pm »
I've just noticed this in the "North Wales Live" column of the Daily Post website -

"TRAFFIC DELAYS: There are delays of around 9 minutes for motorists going along the A547 at Highlands Road to the A55 at Old Colwyn because of traffic."

The thing is this was reported at 7.19am on a Tuesday morning.  Is there really so much in Old Colwyn at that time of the morning or are they just making this up to fill a bit of space?

Could be because of the roadworks between the old 70 Degrees & Queens hotels causing tailbacks.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #689 on: October 29, 2013, 03:19:49 pm »
   Handy to know though. Coming down from Llysfaen you could turn left past the old roger Hughes quarry and come out by close to Aldi. Or even turn right on the main road, down to Llanddulas and onto the a55