Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573453 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2013, 05:37:10 pm »
Apparently, they have stripped Vicky Pryce of her honour.

I didn’t realise she had an honour.

Perhaps, she took it on behalf of Chris Huhne.

Offline Linda

« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »
Apparently paramedics airlifted someone off Conwy castle (one of the turrets) around lunchtime today. The person airlifted had an injury to leg or ankle.
I was driving over the bridge towards Conwy today and saw the helicopter hovering very low over the Castle i thought it was a demonstration but it was the real thing.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2013, 11:56:25 pm »

What do points make? .............. PRIZES!

To be fair though, she does qualify for a title.   Britain's Ugliest Woman!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #648 on: July 31, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »

“stripped of her title Companion of the Order of Bath by The Queen”. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10213236/Vicky-Pryce-deserves-the-Queens-honour-despite-being-a-nightmare-ex-wife.html
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #649 on: August 05, 2013, 05:05:25 pm »
Several people have been run over by a runaway car in St George's Place. I was there at time and called ambulance.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #650 on: August 05, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »
Car reversed up the Pavement outside the St Georges Hotel ran over two old Ladies and a Man who was trapped under the Car. Air Ambulance waiting on the Prom at the moment.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #651 on: August 05, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »
Update:- Elderly man Parking his car put it into forward instead of reverse and put his foot down. Collided with an Elderly Man and Woman who were walking on the Pavement out side the St Georges Hotel. The injured man has most probable lost both his lower legs and has been airlifted to Glan Clwyd Hospital. The Lady was taken away by Ambulance.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Missing Llandudno Woman - Ann-Marie Sarjantson
« Reply #652 on: August 06, 2013, 08:42:36 am »
Ann-Marie Sarjantson Last seen Saturday August 3rd 2013. believed to be wearing long beige cardigan, black leggings, and flip flops with flowery beads. If you have seen her since then please contact NW Police on 101.

"A major search was launched after a woman was reported missing in Llandudno at the weekend.

Anne-Marie Sarjantson, 29, is thought to have been in the Great Orme area of the town late on Saturday afternoon.

The alarm was raised at about 7pm which sparked a land and sea search involving the RNLI, coastguard, an RAF Search and Rescue helicopter  and North Wales Police.

The search was halted at dusk but resumed again yesterday morning.

A North Wales Police spokesman said she was last seen at her home  at 7:30am on Saturday.

Holyhead Coastguard confirmed it was  asked to assist in the operation on Saturday evening, and the RNLI inshore lifeboat at Llandudno was  launched.

The missing woman is described as 5ft 6in tall, with straight blonde shoulder length hair, tied in a ponytail.

She is believed to be wearing a beige cardigan, light t-shirt, black leggings and flip flops.

Anyone who has information is asked to call police on 101."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/missing-woman-llandudno-major-search-5586547

Offline Hugo

« Reply #653 on: August 06, 2013, 01:54:02 pm »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #654 on: August 06, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »
From BBC news:

A man in his 40s was trapped under a car in Llandudno after it mounted the pavement in front of a hotel.

Firefighters, police and paramedics were called to St George's Place near the St George's Hotel just before 17:00 BST on Monday.

The car was carefully moved to free the man who was taken to hospital by the Wales Air Ambulance which landed on the promenade.

A woman, in her 40s, was injured and an elderly driver treated at the scene.

Tim Mitchell, manager of the Chatsworth House Hotel on the town's promenade, heard the sound of police car sirens and rushed to the scene.

He said it looked like a car mounted the pavement between the parked cars and the St George's Hotel garden wall.
Helimed helicopter

"There were two people on the pavement," he said.

"I watched them load a man in a neck brace, with his legs taped together and on a stiff board onto the helicopter."

North Wales Police confirmed a man was trapped under a car which was believed to have collided with two pedestrians.

Officers were called to St George's place at 16:45 BST.

A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesperson said they were called to reports of a man in collision with a car on St George's Place.

"We sent a rapid response vehicle, a basics doctor, an emergency ambulance and the Helimed helicopter to the scene," said the spokesperson.

"We took a woman in her 40s with leg injuries by land ambulance to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, a man in his 40s with leg and pelvic injuries by air to the same hospital."
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Jack

« Reply #655 on: August 14, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »
From the Daily Post.

The body of a woman found on a Merseyside beach is that of missing Ann Marie Sarjantson from Llandudno.

The discovery was made at Formby beach in Sefton borough yesterday and police this afternoon confirmed her identity.

Offline Blongb

Re: Missing Llandudno Woman - Ann-Marie Sarjantson
« Reply #656 on: August 17, 2013, 10:37:55 am »
Unfortunately  Mrs Sarjantson was found by HMCG at Formby.
                                                                                          R.I.P.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #657 on: August 29, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »
There was a serious looking accident on Conwy Road this afternoon, an ambulance plus about half a dozen assorted police cars and paramedic cars were in attendance.  It looks like a pedestrian had tried to cross half way up from The Links but didn't make it.  No mention on the Daily Post website though so maybe it looked more serious than it actually was?
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline BMD

« Reply #658 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:57 am »
Helicopter loudly buzzing above Colwyn Bay from 1.00am to 1.30am this morning. Anyone know the reason? - presumably something serious at that time, which doubtless disturbed the sleep of a lot of people (nothing in online news).

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #659 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »
This afternoon at Caernarfon Crown Court, police officer Gary Donnelly from Llandudno has been cleared of attempting to rape a girl of 14 but still faces two counts of indecent assault.