Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573247 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #390 on: July 17, 2012, 06:08:28 pm »
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

The Pay & Display car park will be closed to the general public on Friday 20 July until approx. 2pm.

We apologise for any inconvenience but the closure is to accommodate those attending the funeral of Barbara Scott, who was one of the Church's deputy wardens and long-time church worker.
Slightly related question, is it possible to buy a Season Pass for the Holy Trinity Church car park?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #391 on: July 17, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »
No David, it operates totally on the Pay & Display scheme.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2012, 07:26:22 pm »
Welsh council in secret negotiations with Tesco | News Daily | Convenience Store: http://bit.ly/Nln8oU

Who is running CCBC, councillors or civil servants?
Should there be a register of civil servants interests?
Because this story is starting smell like there's a dodgy civil servant (or more) in CCBC.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2012, 08:50:16 pm »
I could tell many a tale about the Construction Industry - corruption in its many guises displayed its ugly head on many occasions during my career.   Daren't write a book for fear of being sued!   ;)

n.b. I am not suggesting that such has, is, or will be applicable to the present subject under discussion.

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

The Pay & Display car park will be closed to the general public on Friday 20 July until approx. 2pm.

We apologise for any inconvenience but the closure is to accommodate those attending the funeral of Barbara Scott, who was one of the Church's deputy wardens and long-time church worker.

We thank the general public for their co-operation with the request above. All went reasonably well. Signage at the car park entrance/exit had also warned about this.

Despite this it was very annoying that one Mostyn Street retailer chose to ignore the instruction and parked his 'big, black Range Rover'. How discourteous can anyone be?

This is a facility that is advantageous to the Church while offering reasonable town centre parking to the general public, many of whom regularly say how much they appreciate it.  However there always seems to be at least one who thinks instructions don't apply to him.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2012, 07:51:57 pm »
Is that the one i see parked there every day?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »

Over stays parking times on the road and also obstructs the pavement no doubt!   WWW
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:10 pm »

Yes probably it's the one with the personalised plate. I shall be paying him a visit in the next day or two to remind him strongly that he uses the facility subject to the Church's conditions ... not his.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2012, 07:29:49 am »
Let his tyres down or introduce clamping!    _))*
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #399 on: August 01, 2012, 08:59:28 am »
If youre thinking of travelling to Bangor area.....A55 currently closed in both directions at Jct13 (Aber) due to RTA.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #401 on: August 01, 2012, 03:24:21 pm »
A55 misery and long tailbacks after lorry overturned on eastbound carriageway between Llandegai and Aber this morning.

More details www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19074807

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #402 on: August 02, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
Plas-y-Dre is no more--- just a massive amount of rubble.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #403 on: August 02, 2012, 04:08:16 pm »
A55 misery and long tailbacks after lorry overturned on eastbound carriageway between Llandegai and Aber this morning.

I went to Bangor and back earlier and both carriageways are down to one lane as urgent repairs are being carried out to the damaged central reservation.

One thing I did notice though about the location of yesterday’s accident is there are 8 separate gaps in the central reservation over a stretch of a couple of miles for motorists to turn round and head back to Bangor on the eastbound carriageway immediately before the accident location but none at all on the westbound carriageway.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #404 on: August 02, 2012, 10:23:04 pm »
I did wonder why a Contraflow system couldn't have been set up on the clear carriageway, so that some traffic could flow in both directions.