Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573266 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1635 on: August 01, 2018, 05:33:23 pm »
I think they are their own worst enemy, they will get no sympathy from me, until they show respect for others.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1636 on: August 03, 2018, 12:36:39 pm »
I think they are their own worst enemy, they will get no sympathy from me, until they show respect for others.

Lets hope for some of the above mentioned respect, looks like a group of travelers have pitched up on the Oval overnight.   :(

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1637 on: August 03, 2018, 01:12:20 pm »
That's bad news for the residents of the Oval and nearby areas. 

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1638 on: August 04, 2018, 02:36:39 pm »
That's bad news for the residents of the Oval and nearby areas.

I went for a walk around the Oval earlier, and saw their choice of site, extremely selfishly , they (only two caravans and a motor home) have dominated the children's swing park, using the equipment for drying and airing clothing etc. making it impossible for use by others,......... they seem to have to shout at each other, all the time, from a distance it sounds like fighting,it seems to be continuous, even into the night, not forgetting their generators  ..........talking to quite a few residents, my opinion is that they are very concerned, scared even, the local area has gone into lock down, extra security on garages, sheds and doors and windows also those who own caravans, well I am sure you can imagine, some locals have even cancelled arranged weekend breaks, the bowls club are extremely worried of a break in or damage, and have been advised by the Police that it will be some time before an injunction can be issued, as the land is CCBC/Mostyn estates, but at least 7 days.

This small group, has had a big impact on the area, a lot of very nervous people.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1639 on: August 04, 2018, 02:43:21 pm »
Wonder what would happen were a local family simply to erect tents and drive onto the same area?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1640 on: August 05, 2018, 11:37:06 am »
Guess what I'm thinking................

Travelers have set up camp on a supermarket car park following a stand-off with staff and police.

A large convoy of vehicles and caravans pitched up on the Asda car park in Kinmel Bay at around 5.30pm on Saturday (August 4).

Witnesses reported seeing members of the travelling community breaking down a barrier to gain entry to the restricted section of the land.
Shoppers described how around five Asda staff members stood in the road in a bid to prevent the convoy from parking up.
Police were called just after 5.30pm but were unable to stop the travelers' entering.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/stand-travellers-pitch-up-asda-14991736

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1641 on: August 05, 2018, 04:44:13 pm »
Guess what I'm thinking................

Travelers have set up camp on a supermarket car park following a stand-off with staff and police.

A large convoy of vehicles and caravans pitched up on the Asda car park in Kinmel Bay at around 5.30pm on Saturday (August 4).

Witnesses reported seeing members of the travelling community breaking down a barrier to gain entry to the restricted section of the land.
Shoppers described how around five Asda staff members stood in the road in a bid to prevent the convoy from parking up.
Police were called just after 5.30pm but were unable to stop the travelers' entering.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/stand-travellers-pitch-up-asda-14991736

Surprised the police didn't threaten to arrest them - the Asda staff that is!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1642 on: August 05, 2018, 10:25:17 pm »
It seems strange that if we destroy someone's property then it's a criminal matter but if the travellers do it then it's a civil matter.      ???

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1643 on: August 06, 2018, 08:26:36 am »
I suspect the problem is identifying the individual who caused the damage. But the law is worryingly weak on certain aspects, such as your driveway. You cannot stop anyone parking on your drive. The only option is pursuing a legal remedy through the civil system.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1644 on: August 06, 2018, 01:08:12 pm »
The travelers from the Oval, left last night, apart from a few bags of rubbish dotted around and a couple of blankets all was well on the surface, ( they left 2 full bin bags by the litter bin for collection, unfortunately this considerate behavior was spoilt by the seagulls )  however the hidden "mess" , the use of the area as a toilet,  *raises questions*,   I saw the young boys and men urinating in the open, in full view of the passing public, everything they do seems to be deliberate, over the top shouting at each other, radios full blast, like a rock concert yesterday, belongings spread everywhere, a definite form of intimidation, and this from a small group of 3 families, they still had a large impact, once they left people started to come out from their houses, discussing the weekend and showing a great deal of relief, I dread to think if it had been a larger convoy.............

*For those interested a link* ...............  https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=do+gypsies+use+their+caravan+toilets&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enES433ES433&oq=do+gypsies+use+their+caravan+toilets&aqs=chrome..69i57.22493j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1645 on: August 06, 2018, 02:30:22 pm »
A radio that sounded as good as a rock concert! I need to get me one of those  :-X

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1646 on: August 06, 2018, 03:15:01 pm »
A radio that sounded as good as a rock concert! I need to get me one of those  :-X

What you do is get 3 cars, tune into the same station, space the vehicles about 50ft. apart turn the base and volume to max. and your good to go, for best effect pick a quiet sunny Sunday afternoon for your concert, next to the bowling green.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1647 on: August 14, 2018, 08:11:14 am »
Parliament car crash: Man arrested as pedestrians injured

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45180120

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1648 on: August 26, 2018, 02:35:10 pm »
SAR 936 helicopter circling the Great Orme , thought to be around Marine Drive ,  ambulances,  3 police cars and coastguards in attendance, more sirens passing as I type ?

Offline Dave

« Reply #1649 on: August 26, 2018, 04:13:43 pm »
6 Police cars, an ambulance, Coast Guard Land Rover and the helicopter all around at one time. Still signs of something going on at 4.00pm. My guess is perhaps a rock fall.