Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573625 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1605 on: April 03, 2018, 03:27:00 pm »
Hugo: to avoid those very long links, simply mouse over the text you want to be linked, then click on the second button from the left on the second row of buttons above (the globe with the letter).  This produces this:

[smg id=3395]

with the text in between.  Go to the first [url] and insert an equals sign, thus: [smg id=3396] and paste the long link there.

Finaly press 'Post' below and it will appear as an underlined hyperlink.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #1606 on: April 03, 2018, 05:28:51 pm »
Trying it within code tags...

Code: [Select]
[url=WebsiteAddress]TextToDisplay[/url]

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1607 on: April 03, 2018, 06:05:21 pm »
Thanks Sq;  nice.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #1608 on: April 03, 2018, 10:20:46 pm »
In my part of the world, toxic shellfish have been a concern.  Not sure whether they would be a problem to look out for in N Wales but maybe still something to be aware of.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1609 on: April 03, 2018, 10:48:44 pm »
Ian and Squiggle, thank you very much for your explanation which is really appreciated.    Unfortunately my IT knowledge and skills could be written on the back of a postage stamp so it has all gone over my head and I haven't a clue how to do it the way that you have explained.

So I have reverted to a way which is simpler for me to grasp and here's a link to a rescue on the Great Orme today

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-rescue-operation-great-orme-14487460

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #1610 on: April 03, 2018, 11:58:37 pm »
Ian and Squiggle, thank you very much for your explanation which is really appreciated.    Unfortunately my IT knowledge and skills could be written on the back of a postage stamp so it has all gone over my head and I haven't a clue how to do it the way that you have explained.

So I have reverted to a way which is simpler for me to grasp
Don’t want to make this too long Hugo or carry on further in this thread but, it is difficult at first. If you were ever to go a step further to try to write programming code, you could even find yourself tearing your hair out over (depending on language) what a missing or misplaced semi colon has done to your masterpiece – we have all been there. But this one is very achievable with patience and practice (the preview can help there). All the same, if just one way works for you, I’m not about to knock at and, as a user here, am of course very pleased to read what you post however it is achieved.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1611 on: April 04, 2018, 08:31:41 am »
Thanks Squiggley, your advice and comments are constructive and are appreciated  as are Ian's but I'm out of my comfort zone on computers so I just plod along in my own way.
I use a local engineer if there is any problem with my computer and he often tells me of ways to improve things but he knows me now and I stick to basics and am quite happy with that.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1612 on: April 18, 2018, 11:09:43 am »
Serious RTA  near Westshore Doctors surgery, believe road closed, many police and ambulance vehicles,  including Air ambulance landing

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1613 on: April 18, 2018, 11:33:52 am »
Motorists urged to avoid the area
Police..... that there has been a two-vehicle road traffic collision on Bryniau Road in Llandudno.

Please avoid area at this time to allow emergency services free access and delays expected.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1614 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:44 pm »
A remarkable story, hope his luck continues.

Three nurses battled to save a driver’s life after he crashed into a parked car outside a GP surgery.

The man was behind the wheel of a green Suzuki car when he hit the empty cream, Mini Cooper.
As well as a practice nurse from West Shore Doctors Surgery helping the stricken man, a patient who was waiting for an appointment, who happened to be a former nurse working for an intensive care unit, also rushed to help give the man CPR.

Lauren Holford, a Junior Sister at Colwyn Bay hospital who was driving by also stopped to assist.

“I saw somebody doing CPR on a man on the pavement, and couldn’t spot anyone else helping so I stopped, and assisted the former ITU nurse who was incredible.

“We were all very calm actually and just got on with our jobs. It was unbelievable really that we were all there and we had oxygen and a defibrillator, thanks to the practice nurse who brought it out to us.”

"The gentleman had the best first line care really.”

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/nurses-fight-save-drivers-life-14547080

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1615 on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:05 pm »
I'm sorry to say it Steve but despite all the efforts of those people to save the person, unfortunately he died later in hospital

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-43821969

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1616 on: April 20, 2018, 01:14:49 pm »
I'm sorry to say it Steve but despite all the efforts of those people to save the person, unfortunately he died later in hospital
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-43821969

Yes, sad news, local talk is that he had suffered a heart attack at the wheel, at least his family will be somewhat reassured that he got the best of attention at the scene.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1617 on: May 07, 2018, 02:11:30 pm »
Don't read this if you are out having a coffee,   ugh!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44024980

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1618 on: May 07, 2018, 04:24:18 pm »
Don't read this if you are out having a coffee,   ugh!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44024980

Just don’t order anything with ice, in a coffee shop?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1619 on: May 07, 2018, 04:49:38 pm »
That's right, no more iced coffee for me!     :o