Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573122 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #780 on: December 29, 2013, 07:15:20 pm »
We also appear to have been suffering from free wheeling down the Orme wheelie bin syndrome on Thursday night Friday morning. Could the owners of the two bins on the road opposite us please collect their bins. Just out of interest what is the significance of a Red Wheelie Bin ?

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »
We also appear to have been suffering from free wheeling down the Orme wheelie bin syndrome on Thursday night Friday morning. Could the owners of the two bins on the road opposite us please collect their bins. Just out of interest what is the significance of a Red Wheelie Bin ?

If you have a commercial property you can contract your rubbish collection with any number of Private Collectors. Red Bins are normally provided by Biffa.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #782 on: December 30, 2013, 08:24:15 am »
Thinking about the issues with F's neighbours and the ply-boards, if F warned them the first time around that they needed to secure them better, and this advice was ignored, it seems there are fairly solid grounds on which to claim compensation over and above what they'll be paying anyway.

Unfortunately, that means the council's insurers will have to pay out, which simply means they'll raise their premium, which comes back to us, the rate payers, when what we really want to see is the individual who decided to ignore the advice named and dealt with.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #783 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:44 am »
I have other problems and damage to report..... and they are due to the CCBC recycling policies and management.
I will post later about those, if anyone is interested.

Please do.  That's exactly what this place is for.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #784 on: December 30, 2013, 08:43:28 am »
Don't forget the Act of God clause, you only have a case if you can prove negligence. In this case it seems negligence is clear, otherwise you have to claim on your own insurance. As an example if a neighbour's fence panel is blown on to your car you have to claim on your car insurance. Seems unfair but that's how I understand insurance sadly.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #785 on: December 30, 2013, 08:50:33 am »
 Your councillor should before long know of your predicament Fester. :-X
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #786 on: December 30, 2013, 12:02:16 pm »
Fester, could you give me a call on 01492 574348 or email Judith.Phillips@northwalesnews as I think the problems with storm damage on the Orme are worth a story.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #787 on: December 30, 2013, 02:49:10 pm »
Judith, I think that my neighbour has suffered enough, and may not appreciate any further inconvenience.  I believe that CCBC Maintenance Services are dealing with her damage, although I am yet to hear from them!
Plus, I will not be in town until Jan 2nd.

However, if a reporter / photographer had been up here on Boxing Day, they would have seen two main stories.
1, Damage to buildings, roofs, trees and fences.... caused by 'natural' storms, which seem to be more and more frequent these days.
2, A vast amount of tin cans, broken glass, plastic etc...  littering the road and the hedgerows, from the recycling trolley boxes which were annihilated by the storm.
Much has been picked up by residents now, and much has been blown away, but I have also sustained some damage to my car (others may have too?) from these trolley boxes flying around.
All around the area, you will now see piles of plastic recycling boxes which have been separated from their trollies.
No doubt people are requesting new ones.  A costly business all in all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:27:17 pm by DaveR »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #788 on: December 30, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »
Thank you Fester. No, we weren't working on Boxing Day, and I was laid up with a bad back, but I have been sent some pix of damage. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #789 on: December 30, 2013, 04:57:34 pm »
Craigydonian, if you want a story I suggest you visit Mostyn Champneys.

We have just walked through there around 4.30pm and it is chaos with all the motorists trying to exit.

All it needs is a Community Beat Officer to manually switch off the traffic lights by McDonalds for 10 minutes and wave all the cars through.

Maybe another Community Beat Officer could stand in the middle of the road on Mostyn Broadway and stop the traffic at the rear of Venue Cymru for another 10 minutes and do likewise.

Simple.  &shake&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #790 on: December 30, 2013, 06:35:30 pm »
Simple solution Bri,problem is who gives a monkeys,nobody,we could talk about this for years but nothing gets done.

Offline viv

« Reply #791 on: December 30, 2013, 10:42:44 pm »
I was stuck in the melee at Mostyn Champneys from 2.45pm today till 3:50pm with 3 small grandchildren. People were cutting through double parking spaces to double back into another lane and it was chaos! I won't be going there again until well after the holiday. 2 female PCSOs strolled past probably wandering along to catch a shoplifter, as they took no notice of the problems. It was absolute gridlock. Something needs to be done there definitely.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #792 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:13 am »
I was stuck in the melee at Mostyn Champneys from 2.45pm today till 3:50pm with 3 small grandchildren.

Unbelievable.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #793 on: December 31, 2013, 10:13:02 am »
I was stuck in the melee at Mostyn Champneys from 2.45pm today till 3:50pm with 3 small grandchildren.

Great news for the parking management company Savills employ to manage the car park there.  No doubt a lot of those people stuck in the queue will now be sent Parking Eye scam invoices requesting £60 for "parking" for more than three hours  $angry$.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #794 on: December 31, 2013, 12:24:57 pm »
The mayor of Llandudno raised this issue, and I did a story a few months ago. Conwy County Council were non-commital but said they would look at the issue.