Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 580470 times)

Offline FatAndy

Re: Stop Press
« Reply #690 on: October 29, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

Could be because of the roadworks between the old 70 Degrees & Queens hotels causing tailbacks.

But would roadworks cause nine minute delays at quarter past seven in the morning?  Unless there are traffic lights that stay on red for eight minutes it sounds unlikely.  It's not that busy a road even at peak times.  And "around nine minutes" sounds every specific, wouldn't people normally round that off and say around ten minutes? 

I've also just found another odd one from 7.18am yesterday morning -

"TRAFFIC: Fifteen minutes of traffic delays because of queues along the A547 and Wellington Road, Abergele and Princes Drive and Conwy Road, Colwyn Bay."

I drove along Princes Drive at about quarter past eight to get to work and by then there were no delays at all, and there are no roadworks as far as I could see.  There aren't any roadworks in Conwy Road either so what could be causing these queues?  And the last time I looked Wellington Road was in Rhyl and not in Abergele!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:22:58 pm by Ian »
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #691 on: October 29, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »

Could be because of the roadworks between the old 70 Degrees & Queens hotels causing tailbacks.

I went up at 9.30am this morning and there was no problem passing through.

I returned downhill at 10.20am and I still went straight through without any delay.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #692 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:08 pm »
Temporary lights on the blue bridge in Rhyl just before Wellington road.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #693 on: October 29, 2013, 06:45:21 pm »
They were on the bridge about a week ago and it was a nightmare as the lights were out of sync.   It was chaos as both lights were on green for some of the time.    >>>

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #694 on: November 02, 2013, 07:37:12 am »
The Blue Peter show that was filmed on the Gt Orme the other week and which features the presenters driving the rally course will be shown on CBBC at 1730 on Thursday, 7th November.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #695 on: November 02, 2013, 12:26:53 pm »
Thanks Ian.  I'll look forward to seeing that programme.     $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #696 on: November 03, 2013, 10:49:08 am »
Incident on West Shore this morning, Police, Coastguard, Helicopter, Ambulance...anyone know what's happened?
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #697 on: November 03, 2013, 11:10:59 am »
BEACH RESCUE:

A man who had harmed himself was found in dunes and airlifted to hospital early today.

The patient in his late 20s or early 30s, was reported hurt in West Shore sand dunes in Llandudno.

A concerned passerby dialled 999 and HM Coastguards and a 122 Squadron helicopter from RAF Valley rushed to the scene watched by onlookers....

The casualty was airlifted to Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor.

A North Wales Police spokesman said: "A member of the public reported a man in the dunes with what look like self inflicted injuries at 8am.

"His injuries are life threatening and he is poorly."

The wounds are thought to have been caused by a sharp object but the cause of the injuries has not been confirmed.

Coastguard rescue officers John Pailthorpe and Rosy Hearn were among the team from Llandudno who went to help the operation.

Mr Pailthorpe said: "We assisted the RAF. I helped him onto a stretcher."

(Via Daily Post)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #698 on: November 03, 2013, 01:58:00 pm »
Anybody know anything about the smash on Conwy rd last night,lot of damage to the barriers and another lamp post demolished.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #699 on: November 03, 2013, 03:49:39 pm »
Anybody know anything about the smash on Conwy rd last night,lot of damage to the barriers and another lamp post demolished.

Probably boy racers or someone over the limit!    Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #700 on: November 05, 2013, 11:42:45 am »
BODY IN LLANDUDNO: North Wales Police said: “Police were called at 12.37am this morning by Ambulance Service reporting the death of a 44-year-old man who was found at the rear of Llwynon Road, Llandudno. Police inquiries are continuing to establish the full circumstances surrounding the death.  The Coroner will be informed and a post mortem will be conducted."
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #701 on: November 05, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »
The rear of Llwynon Road?   Does that suggest Mike's Golf Course?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #702 on: November 05, 2013, 05:14:44 pm »
The man has been named as Barry John Roberts.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #703 on: November 05, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »
I had the back alley running parallel with Llwynon road starting between no 1 and number. 2  in my mind but I suppose it could have been the golf course. Didn't hear anything out of the ordinary  last night.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #704 on: November 05, 2013, 05:47:20 pm »
I had the back alley running parallel with Llwynon road starting between no 1 and number. 2  in my mind
I think that was where he was found.