Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 581051 times)

Offline Blodyn

Re: Stop Press
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2012, 09:28:50 am »
Just a reminder.

Today is the first

Friends of Happy Valley working party.

If you have some time to spare and could help to clear some undergrowth, the Friends will be working on the area around the Colonnade and Camera Obscura.

Meet at Headlands Hotel at 10.30 am or come along when you can and join in.

$thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:19 pm »
Rail services are currently suspended along the Coast line due to flash floods at Flint.
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/sa0bf09a58914f3ab6226a6a1d0e177d/details.html

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:19 pm »
Jason Weyman has just tweeted that:

A55 east bound closed at Rhuallt hill. Looks like multi car pile up, lots of emergency services on site. Passed scene 20 mins ago

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #408 on: August 19, 2012, 12:26:49 am »
Fatality on the A55
18/08/2012
Police are appealing for witnesses following a road traffic collision on the A55 near Rhuallt. Officers were called to the incident on the A55 eastbound in Rhuallt at around 9.30pm on Saturday 18th August, where vehicles had collided with a pedestrian, resulting in his death. The A55 Eastbound is now closed in the Rhuallt area between junctions 28 and 29 whilst investigations are taking place.  Police are asking people to avoid area and are requesting that witnesses contact them on 101.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2012, 01:06:41 pm »
Apparently, a stabbing in Kings Road this morning......Police out in force.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #410 on: August 20, 2012, 01:33:21 pm »
Happened in Cae Mawr. I Apparently 1 dead, 1critical and 1 on the run. Rumors of a shooting also

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2012, 01:54:54 pm »
Man has now been captured and arrested.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #412 on: August 20, 2012, 02:36:02 pm »
HTV NEWS - Llandudno man arrested for two assaults.  North Wales Police have arrested a man in connection with assaulting two people in Llandudno.

A man and a woman have been taken to hospital and both are said to be in a critical condition.

Police were called to the home in Ffordd Dulyn at around lunchtime today. They have cordoned off the area while investigations continue.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2012, 01:34:39 am »
It has reached my ears..... no one dead.... no guns, (nothing so dramatic)
A neighbour dispute in the West Shore/Fford Dulyn area...

2 stabbings, 2 hospitalised..... a definite drain on police and NHS resources.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #414 on: September 03, 2012, 11:57:00 am »
I do hope Judith gives us an update on the Clarence hotel this week,she did say that Mostyn estates thought it was still on going,what about the railway station,any news ,updates,is Judith aware there seems to have been some hold up on the American disaster,it would be nice for the NWWN to give us some news for a change instead of us relying on here and Oscar.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:30 pm »
Wrex, there are ongoing legal issues with regard to the Clarence. I will not report anything unless I have substantiated facts. I hope that answers your question. Several of the points you have raised recently have been covered in the Weekly News, and/or in my Tuesday column in the Daily Post - but if you don't buy the papers then you are unlikely to be aware of that.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2012, 07:56:54 pm »
Sorry Craigydonian,i was;nt even aware that you had a Daily Post column,but all i;am saying is if you don;t follow things up how is anybody to know what is going on,i don;t know if you phone once a week or once a month to see whag on with the Clarence,im not sure if you have mentioned the state of the grass in Llandudno this summer or not,i know come xmas nothing will be mentioned about the lights,unfortunatley these are things that i want to know about and your paper does;nt,the only thing i miss the paper for is sadly missing who has passed away .

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #417 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:58 pm »
Hi Wrex.
Yes the grass cutting issue was mentioned a few weeks ago, as were the Christmas lights late last year. These stories might not be given the prominence you would like, but that is not my decision. I have an opinion column in the Daily Post every Tuesday which gives me the freedom to express views on stories of local and national interest and I'm really enjoying writing it.
I'm going to the town council's community services committee tomorrow evening. There are some things on the agenda you may find interesting if you want to come along? That goes for any member of the Forum because, as you know as a fomer councillor, members of the public are free to attend.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #418 on: September 03, 2012, 08:51:00 pm »
Having sat there for nine years and seeing how little ever gets followed up and how easy it is for one or two councillors to run the show i feel most of what goes on in there a waste of time,sour grapes maybe,but i would rather have my say on here or OSCAR ,no sly looks or councillors trying to belittle you,seems a waste of time

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #419 on: September 03, 2012, 08:57:09 pm »
I'm going to the town council's community services committee tomorrow evening. There are some things on the agenda you may find interesting if you want to come along? That goes for any member of the Forum because, as you know as a fomer councillor, members of the public are free to attend.

If you go to the Council's web site you can read the remit of the Community Services Committee.  It is an all encompassing declaration which covers many of the particular services about which Wrex and many others complain.   From the state of the town it is pretty obvious how totally ineffective the committee is.   I wonder if they have any excuses for the lack of provision of those services they profess to deliver?    Pity the Press and the Public are not allowed to ask questions.   WWW WWW WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero