Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573200 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1740 on: October 08, 2019, 12:27:43 pm »
Bri,  I've seen the figures in the media that you were able to quote, but I'm still doubting them

I would say that the odds on 1 in 4 people watching that game are only slightly better than the odds on Man Utd or Everton winning the Premier League this season      ;D

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1741 on: October 20, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »
Air ambulance landing on the Victoria centre roof.......ref FB

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1742 on: October 20, 2019, 07:07:58 pm »
Have you heard any more about the helicopter Steve?     My friends called around late this afternoon and had seen the helicopter on the prom by the bandstand but didn't know any more about the incident

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1743 on: October 20, 2019, 07:50:45 pm »
Have you heard any more about the helicopter Steve?     My friends called around late this afternoon and had seen the helicopter on the prom by the bandstand but didn't know any more about the incident

From EJH on FB....The newspapers are off today :roll:

"Just to share on the FB forum that the people of Llandudno were HEROES today...nobody should have been accused of crowding around everybody just wanted to help!!! I think it's fine to share this on social media fro everybody knows what a wonderful community Llandudno has ..in saving somebody's life. The incident today involved a man shopping with wife and others in his 60s I'd say at "What everybody wants" the shop immediately phoned for an ambulance after we alerted them. Shoppers put him on recovery position. The hero of the day was the lad I ran to in the sweet shop opposite who was behind the till as i could see the staff at "you know whos" were panicking and i realised time was of the essence as the poor mans face went blue. The shopkeeper at the sweet shop was only around 19 years old...he calmly said he could do first aid. Him and his lady colleague sorted out getting the defibrillator by alerting security..then he came over to the shop the man was in with the defibrillator and my husband put the pads on the man's chest as instructed...another shopper pumped the man's chest..he was a hero too..the shop women cleared the shop...they were amazing. His wife was amazing she was the one shouting he has no pulse and said to get the defibrilator just after he had fallen. The ambulanceman came fairly quickly. All I know is the man was called Dave and had been a deep sea diver and the couple had only recently retired. I'm positive he will be okay and gave his wife a hug and kiss..She was such a lovely woman and very grateful for the support from everybody who concerned in the vicinity.I pray to God they get to enjoy a happy retirement together and that he is okay. Makes you realise how fragile life can be."

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1744 on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:27 pm »
Thanks Steve for posting that FB article and well done to all of those people involved, let's hope that there is a happy ending to the story

I think that all the people involved deserve     " the award of the week"     $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1745 on: October 23, 2019, 11:20:39 am »
Police were called by the ambulance service shortly before 01:40 BST after the discovery at Waterglade Industrial Park in Eastern Avenue, Grays.

The lorry driver, a 25-year-old man from Northern Ireland, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Essex Police said the vehicle travelled from Bulgaria and entered the UK via Holyhead, Anglesey, on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50150070

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1746 on: October 23, 2019, 04:02:21 pm »
And who slashed customs posts 🤔 And the Tories are letting us believe the ports will be ok, that's one wagon how many more over these past years.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1747 on: October 24, 2019, 10:10:39 am »
Thanks Steve for posting that FB article and well done to all of those people involved, let's hope that there is a happy ending to the story

I think that all the people involved deserve     " the award of the week"                                                               

A follow up on the above,   and as you said definitely  " the award of the week"                                                 ref Pioneer

A SIXTH form student has been hailed a hero after racing to the rescue of a gentleman - thought to have had a cardiac arrest.

Josh Townend, a year 13 pupil at Ysgol John Bright, was involved in saving the man's life on Sunday.
He was working in a shop in the Victoria Centre when a man in the shop opposite stopped breathing.

Ysgol John Bright posted on Facebook: "We are incredibly proud of our Year 13 student Josh Townend who has successfully completed his interview to become one of the youngest trainee Special Constables in North Wales.

"He was working in a shop in the Victoria Centre when a man in the shop opposite stopped breathing.
"He kept his calm whilst accessing and using a defibrillator on a recently retired deep-sea diver.

"The gentleman’s brother was so grateful to Josh he gave him his card and asked him to keep in touch.
"Today he contacted Josh to let him know the gentleman is now off the life support machine and we wish him a speedy recovery."

The school received a letter from a representative of Mostyn Estates congratulating Josh.
It stated: "I have been told by people who were present that Josh responded in an outstanding manner, and greatly assisted in the efforts to save the life of the person involved.

"I’m pleased to say that the person involved is responding well to treatment, and it is hopeful that they will make a full recovery.
"I wanted to write to express my gratitude for Josh’s actions, which are a credit to your school, and worthy of recognition."

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1748 on: October 24, 2019, 10:43:27 am »
Great work from a bright young man.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

Theft of ATM machine at Venue Cymru last night.
« Reply #1749 on: November 07, 2019, 04:40:50 pm »
POLICE have appealed for witnesses after an ATM cash machine was stolen near a popular theatre in Llandudno.

North Wales Police said the incident took place at Venue Cymru at about 11.30pm on Wednesday, November 6.

The force called for members of the public who may have witnessed the burglary or have car dash cam footage to come forward.

A police spokesperson tweeted: "A burglary occurred at Venue Cymru, Llandudno at 11.30pm on Wednesday where an ATM machine was stolen.

"Did you see anything suspicious? Do you have dash cam footage travelling along the promenade?

Offline SteveH

Re: Theft of ATM machine at Venue Cymru last night.
« Reply #1750 on: November 08, 2019, 10:09:43 am »
POLICE have appealed for witnesses after an ATM cash machine was stolen near a popular theatre in Llandudno.
North Wales Police said the incident took place at Venue Cymru at about 11.30pm on Wednesday, November 6.
The force called for members of the public who may have witnessed the burglary or have car dash cam footage to come forward.
A police spokesperson tweeted: "A burglary occurred at Venue Cymru, Llandudno at 11.30pm on Wednesday where an ATM machine was stolen.
A cash machine stolen from outside a theatre has been found dumped on the side of a road 25 miles away.
The ATM was found by a passerby near Prion in Denbigh shire on Thursday afternoon as police issued an appeal for information about the burglary of the machine from outside Venue Cymru in Llandudno at around 11:30pm on Wednesday            ref DP

Offline SteveH

Re: Stop Press...............London bridge sealed off
« Reply #1751 on: November 29, 2019, 02:25:09 pm »
London Bridge sealed off after reports of gunfire
2 minutes ago
BBC
London Bridge has been cordoned off by police, with a BBC journalist reporting hearing gunfire.

BBC reporter John McManus said he saw a group of men involved in a fight on the bridge.
Police then arrived and shots were fired, he said.

The Met Police confirmed that it was dealing with an incident at London Bridge and advised people near the scene to follow directions from officers on the ground.

Offline SteveH

Re: Stop Press...............London bridge sealed off
« Reply #1752 on: November 29, 2019, 03:44:57 pm »
A number of people are believed to have been injured after a stabbing at London Bridge, police have said.

The Met said one man had been shot by police and it was treating the incident "as though it is terror related".

The force earlier said it had detained a man. London Ambulance Service has declared a "major incident".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1753 on: November 29, 2019, 04:39:15 pm »
Man shot dead in what Police say is a terrorist incident

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-50601491

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1754 on: December 11, 2019, 09:10:33 am »
 Liverpool John Lennon Airport closed after plane skids off runway          ref DP
We can confirm there was an incident at around 6am this morning when a private jet with three crew and one passenger on board came off the runway after landing. There were no injuries and the runway is expected to be closed until this afternoon while the Airport deals with the incident. Anyone travelling from the airport today is advised to contact their airline for the latest information. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and can assure customers we are doing all we can to resume services as quickly as possible. Further updates to follow.”